Wednesday, May 02, 2007

I Want Lasik

Proof I've had nothing to blog about lately... I'm posting my new eyeglass/contacts prescription.


I'm SO glad I paid $75 to get my glasses prescription converted into a contact prescription. Cause look how TOTALLY different they are! My insurance only covers the eyeglass portion of the exam and all doctors here insist on the extra payment for that little conversion and to check out the contacts on my eyes. Ummm I've been wearing contacts 16 years, I think I'd know if they didn't fit right. So I'm offering a special... you go get your glasses prescription and I'll do the contact conversion for $10. A total steal.

But I did like the doctor in spite of the rip off. Maybe because he told me I'm attractive because my eyes move the same direction at the same time (i.e., no lazy eye).

While in the waiting room the best mag they had to offer was Reader's Digest. I discovered they pay $100-300 for those cheesy (supposed to be funny) little stories they publish! I have tons of unfunny (but supposed to be funny) stories I could submit. I'm making that my new part-time job until one gets published. I'm sure Katie could get one published first try. The details are HERE!

1 comment:

KatieJ said...

That is so funny that you thought of me because my family always subscribed to RD and I loved to read those little stories and always planned on submitting something but I just never did! You're the writer so I would put money on you getting published first. Keep me posted, I am going to think of something. Thanks for the reminder!
For future reference, check out CLE Contacts online- they are cheaper than any other place I've found to re-order contacts from.