Tuesday, May 15, 2007

The Burbs

You know the movie...from 1989 w/Tom Hanks.

But all I think of when I hear "The Burbs" is that creepy guy on the right. And that feeling you get when you're looking at him... is how I feel RIGHT NOW. Because I just found out last night that my neighborhood IS the burbs. No neighbors burying bones in their backyard. But close enough. I won't disturb you with the details but I'm disturbed.

And to top it off the city guys came this morning to fix that hole Drew fell in (see previous post "Can you BARK?") and one of the crew was wearing a bright orange vest that says "INMATE." Ah!

I want my mommy.

So we escaped for a little bit and went to the park. Had a picnic. Owen rode his bike. Drew got a stroller ride. And I took some pictures (never enough park pictures).










5 comments:

Melanie M. McKinnon said...

I was so happy to see you commented on my blog and when i popped over here, i saw that sweet beard on the red head guy. i started laughing immediately. i am gonna watch that show with robby tonight, for sure. thanks for the blast from the past! sorry about your scary neighbors!

sara said...

I SO remember the burbs. Poor girl! Great park pictures. You can take some pictures girl! I love the one on the swing w/ Owen's foot close to the lense, but he's in focus. It's great.

Becky said...

weird...i left a comment last night and it never showed up. are you screening my comments. :) just kidding. You got my curiousity perked...what the heck is up with your burb neighbors! love the pictures of the boys...so cute!

KatieJ said...

Tell me about your neighbors!!! I want to hear! That is scary to look out your window and see the orange vest though! You do take great pictures! I love that movie! I can't stop using exclaimation points!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ginger John said...

Ah man that toe picture is so funny.