Friday, April 27, 2007

Katy's Turn

Happy Birthday!

Since we have met in person ONCE and that was before I really knew you I have no pictures of you. So I stole my favorite from your blog.

Do you remember when we did kind of meet? We were playing bunco at Becky's blue condo and you were a sub for someone who couldn't come. Preston was away (training I think?) and called during the game so you went outside to talk to him. That was at least 4 years ago. Crazy!

But anyway the weird thing is even though we haven't REALLY met I DO know you from all the emailing and blogging. And you know ME too! I always remember an email you sent the day Justin left for Iraq the last time around and you wrote something about how I'd probably be crying when I read it (which I was) and just to let the tears fall (which they were). It just meant a lot to hear from someone who KNEW how I was feeling from personal experience.

I have been apart from Justin on my birthday before and I know it's a day when I missed him more than normal. So you're probably missing Preston a little more than normal today. But I hope not too bad. And I hope all those awesome friends you've made in Kansas and those 4 great boys take care of you and give you the BEST birthday! And also that your hubby knows how to order you gifts online :)

Love ya!!!

5 comments:

Becky said...

Love that picture! Happy Birthday Kate! :)

McDonald Army Brats*** said...

You know you totally rock girly! You made me cry! I am so happy to know you. I am so thankful that person couldn't make it to bunco that night. It was really funny. I remember being totally sad that day when Justin left for Iraq, and I had never even met him. But I knew the heart wrenching pain you would be feeling and it was making me so sad. Thanks so much for being such an awesome friend! I feel a little spoiled today. I got to wake up to hearing Preston's voice on the phone, and then he showed me my gifts on the webcam. Then a few hours later we webcamed and instant messaged for three hours, and then we talked on the phone while we watched each other on the webcam. It was great! Wait till I show you what he had made in Afghanistan! I love ya tons Shauna! I can't wait to come see ya this summer! And definitely bring those AZ girls out too! love ya katy

KatieJ said...

Adding my birthday wishes for Katy! I too am glad she has a friend who knows what she is dealing with as an amazing military wife!

Ginger John said...

Shauna you are a sweetheart! :)

mid said...

https://www.farida-asadi.com/2020/08/promo-kartu-kredit.html