Sunday, August 16, 2009

Sunday Best

This is my Mother's Day Dress.

Well...not really.

First I ordered this one:
But it was too small and they were out of the next size up.

Then I ordered this one:
But it didn't look good on me.

So then I ordered the one above and had it shipped to my mom's house while we were visiting.

Just so happened that the very day it arrived in her neighborhood mailbox it was vandalized and stolen!

So...

Since the Post Office was lame and gave me the runaround (you'd think they have insurance for vandalism), Shabby Apple was awesome and shipped me an entirely new dress for free.

And I love it.

So I just wanted to give them a little shout out. I know all of Mesa knows about them already but it's not common here.

PS: We have a sickie today.

PS #2: I fully expect my family and friends to make fun of that picture of me. Do you know how awkward it is taking pictures of yourself trying to look cute?

15 comments:

KatieJ said...

No making fun- you look really cute! That is a long time to wait for a new dress but it looks like it was worth it.

rachel lyn said...

i am only gonna make fun of the fact that you cut your cute head out of it! and i wish i saw the whole shoes. but the dress and pose is wayy cute!! so flattering! this dress is much more you than the other two, its my fav!! love you sister!

brentanderrin said...

hey... hotttt mama!!!!

Katie said...

That is a beautiful dress - I want it! Kind of scared to order it though :) Looks better on you I'm sure!

Joanna & Ben said...

super cute dress, I wish I could wear stuff like that, but I don't have a cute petite little body. Some people have all the luck. I hope that Sally feels better!

Sarah said...

I just caught up on your blog. It was fun to see all the new stuff. I really like that store you gave a shout out too. so nice of them to ship a new dress for free. I love stores like that and I will totally do business with them just because of that. I love the dress you got too cute.

I just wanted to tell you that I gained weight that night too.

Rochel said...

The dress is really cute, and YES, I know how awkward it is trying to take pictures of yourself looking cute. You are too funny! So sad that Sally is sick, maybe you can cheer her up with a little "we are family" or "September" :0)!

Stephanie Snyder said...

You look so cute in that dress! I didn't even realize it was you till you mentioned it at the end. I figured it was one you got off their website! I just checked out Shabby Apple and there are some CUTE dresses there! Thanks for sharing.

amanda weichers said...

I love Shabby Apple. I found their site awhile back and each year the dresses get even better.

Krissie said...

I love the dress! It looks amazing on you!

Robyn Hollobaugh said...

You always seem to find the cutest dresses! I liked the one you wore for Sally's blessing too. Did u get that at the Shabby Apple? That one looks like it will be nice and cozy for the winter! Hope little Sally Belle feels better soon!

Aric and Sally said...

You look adorable - and I'm going to shabby apple right now. We can have the same dress if we live on separate coasts, right?

Shauna said...

The dress is cotton. I thought it look like a cozy winter dress too ...but it's totally lightweight. Just FYI for anyone thinking about buying.

Steph said...

Awww, just noticed your new profile pic. LOVE it!

And I LOVE your self-portrait. Belongs in the catalog! You should have shared the funny story that went with it. I'd prob pee again.

lol.
TMI?

Steph said...

P.S. thanks for introducing me to them.
And Sally, poor Sally! Looks so droopy and miserable!