Saturday, August 22, 2009

Chef Walk

K this is probably one of my most favorite things I've done here...The Chef Walk at Earthbound Farms.

A local chef and an Earthbound Farmer walked us through their local fields and herb gardens and we got to load up on pretty much whatever we wanted (above w/onions...below w/lettuce).
w/Danna (who is due tomorrow might I add)

Baskets full!

Herbs, lemons, snapdragons, spinach, lettuce (4 kinds), yellow squash, onions, zucchini, patty pan squash, kale, beet greens...

Then we got a little cooking demo by Brandon Miller (local chef...just left Stokes (where we had our last anniversary dinner) who is now at Mundaka (Spanish restaurant that I want to try...next anniversary?))
He and the host (Mark from EB Farms) thought they were comedians.

The dish we got to try was so good (warm summer squash w/almonds).

I thought we were cool to take a picture with someone who has famous chef friends. He has worked under Michael Chiarello (and confirmed he's not the nicest person to work with...I just saw that not nice side of Mr. Chiarello on Top Chef Masters). And he's friends w/Mario Batali.

Anyway, we're excited to go again at next month's where we'll get tomatoes! You know I love tomatoes.

4 comments:

KatieJ said...

That is really cool Shauna! I love all the fun things you find to do!

Steph said...

K, so can you tell me how you "picked" your herbs? Do you have to cut them off at the end of the leaf? Or what? I always seem to kill my herb plants...but I can't live without 'em.

This would have been my favorite too...by far. So what did YOU cook with Kale?

I love Kale, but am always looking for new, tasty recipes :) You look so good, I might add.

stephanie said...

i like your shirt.

Dasha said...

Wow, how cool is that! So Danna is preggers?! Whoa, sure wish that girl was on blogger or facebook or something. So what is she having boy? girl? Give her a big hug for me, k?! Thanks. And then she can give you one for me. LOL