Sunday, August 09, 2009

Camping


We went camping!
(Pfeiffer Big Sur State Park...our tent was backed up to some Redwoods)

My first time since being married.

It was our little family getaway before school starts.

I realized most every trip we do involves other people...
which is fun and I like.

But it was nice to be with just us.

S'mores Anyone?

That is ONE marshmallow.

Owen has more fun roasting than eating them.

Now fast forward to the morning,
cause honestly the night was miserable.

Red Vines for breakfast (we had real food too, promise).

The sun came out!

And made us SO happy.

It meant the night was over and it brought warmth.

It was cold at night, but not too cold.

Our main problems were...
Sally (not sleeping),
fear (me),
uncomfortableness (me),
and a skunk spray (the skunk).

But back to the morning...it made up for it all.

A river at the campground
was so pretty and fun to play in.








I'm ready to go again...in an RV.

9 comments:

Jenny said...

Looks like you all had a blast! I can't wait to go camping, too. I also have not gone since I've been married

Jessica said...

I love the last picture of Drew and Sally. It is SOOOOOOOOO cute!

Anonymous said...

Okay Shauna, as always, awesome pics! Looks like so much fun!! The jellyfishes too! You guys always have the best adventures!

Steph said...

1. Love the tent. It's Huge! Did you rent?

2. Sorry 'bout the night! RVs are the best! And please tell me the skunk just sprayed NEAR you...

3. Redvines are my dream meal...for every meal.

4. Love the jumping shots.

5. ESP. love the shot of the gals!!! You look so pretty...and camping, too~

stephanie said...

you are funny.

Mom said...

Okay, this is the cutest picture ever. I also loved the picture of the sun behind Drew. What was he singing?

Robyn Hollobaugh said...

First, HOLY Marshmello...it looks like a big gob of foil! And yes, you do look really pretty to be camping! How did you do that? The pictures are great, looks like lots of fun. I'm proud of you!! You made it through it.lol

Anonymous said...

Looks like so much fun! Again, like someone else said, great photos as usual!

KatieJ said...

That LOOKS like so much fun but I have such vivid memories of the nights from the 2 camping trips we've done and I'm pretty sure I won't ever go unless we get a camper! I didn't sleep a wink, every sound scared me, and it was cold and uncomfortable. And I had to pee and was scared to leave the tent! That looks like a great camping site though!