Thursday, August 13, 2009

Help!

Remember my jeans I found at the farmer's market?
They're like 4 inches too long.
I took them to a tailor who wanted $35 to hem them w/the original cuff.
I paid $40 originally and didn't want to turn my awesome deal into a not so awesome one at $75.
So I thought I could do it myself using Stephanie's tutorial.
But apparently I can't follow directions.
I did the right leg first and it was still too long.
I thought I knew what I did wrong so I did it different on the left and now that one is too short!

So excuse me while I go buy a seam ripper.

And cry.

When I get this right I will be wearing these jeans every day.

And that tailor would've deserved her $35.

PS Stephanie...it's not your tutorial. It's me. All me.

K I could take this down now...they're all fixed and the perfect length!

6 comments:

stephanie said...

oh dear. i'm sorry, shauna. can i help?

KatieJ said...

That is funny. I did a few of my jeans and by the 3rd pair I was able to finish without ripping any seams- it took a long time, $35 is not really unreasonable, but you can do it. And spend $35 on a couple of cute shirts right? They look like cute jeans!

Karen Burr said...

might i suggest you paint your toe nails next time you post a picture of your feet?

Shauna said...

Painting my toenails looks worse than them plain...I'm the worst toenail painter ever.

Nic said...

pedicure $35. You know you deserve it because you saved that exact amount by doing your own mending! Plus you didn't have to pay additional shipping on that darling dress, plus growing your own veggies is saving cash too! Bet you didn't even realize how thrifty you were. You're welcome.

Steph said...

Woohoo!You did it! I only had to pay $12 for the same job (but in S.D.) LAME. But now YOU know how to do it...I have a pair I never wear b/c I swear I'M gonna hem 'em...you've inspired me.