Sunday, August 09, 2009

Live Aboards

I visit teach a woman who has lived with her family on a boat for the past 5 years.
By choice!
And they totally love it.

When we visited her last week there were literally thousands of purple striped jellyfish in the waters close to shore.

They come up for a few days every few months so we got lucky...or blessed for doing VT? :)

I could've watched them all day.

We went back the next day w/Sarah & family.
You can see a jellyfish in the water between Owen & Cal's heads. They were close enough to touch, all different sizes.

Can you tell how huge that decorator crab is? They eat the insides of the jellies.

Then we went to Marina State Beach where I got rich!
Well, if sand dollars were real dollars then I did.

Wait, no then I got like $8.

I also got cold.
This was my first time actually getting IN (not just my feet) the ocean since living here.

It was freezing but so fun!

8 comments:

Robyn Hollobaugh said...

The sand dollars are awesome! You can't find whole sand dollars around here anymore (when I was little you could) The pic of you in the water is HILARIOUS!

Cher said...

Cute swimsuit. I love your face, it is exactly how I feel when I put just my feet in the ocean...you are so brave! I just like to watch sea life, not be a part of it:) Maybe one of these days I will get brave.

Makenna said...

Haha, fun!!! The kids are sooo cute! (: And adorable swimsuit, I love it!

Jenny said...

Looks like you had fun. :)
Wow. What a life to live on a boat for years!

Steph said...

Love the pics. And I ESP love that you posted your hot-self in a SWIMSUIT! Cute, cute suit. I've seen someone else's blog where she has the same one...are they tailored for "modesty" ? Love your face...you look awesome.

KatieJ said...

I'm in love with your swim suit- you look like a supermodel.

KatieJ said...

ps- weren't you scared of the jelly fish??? My great grandma lost a leg to jelly fish stings- she had a wooden one.

Ganbat Family said...

Like the suit. Also you are incredibly adventurous!