Friday, June 22, 2007

I Get Around

We go to Utah in a little over a week for almost 2 weeks. Yay!

Note to robbers: then would be a good time to break into our house. But I'm warning you - we have a suicidal neighbor and pizza boys get mugged on our doorstep. Also, I have no jewelery worth anything (other than my wedding ring which remains on my finger). And our electronics are outdated. So you should probably just pick another house.

While in Utah we'll be visiting Justin's mom (and hopefully dad) at their 2nd home in Logan. Justin hasn't seen her in 1 1/2 years! We're going to Lagoon. A big family reunion at this mansion with my mom's side of the family. Hopefully Hogle Zoo with Brent & Errin. And this girl who I don't even know but love her blog and her pictures is taking some pics of our family.

To fill in the blanks I've found these ideas while browsing blogs...

THIS BLOGGER likes these places:
Gateway Mall (water play area - bring swimsuits) - I've been there a LONG time ago and remember loving this mall.
Tai Pan Trading
Liberty Park (also bring swimsuits)
Thanksgiving Point (farm & deli) - I know Becky liked this place when she lived there and Cherisse likes it too.

And from THIS BLOG I made a note to go here:
The Soup Kitchen
Dan's Grocery for Dunford's Chocolate Cake Donuts
Provo Bakery for Orange Rolls


I'm going to come home so fat and happy!

Anything else I can't miss while in the SLC/Logan/Provo area?

8 comments:

Shane Meredith Mason and Kendall said...

you are funny. Ok, so I want to hear more about the Burbs guy i LOVE that movie!

Becky said...

oh so fun! the weather is going to be So nice i am sure! YES gardner village is my favorite place EVER! Make sure you go to the little cafe in the middle..they have the best chocolate cake cookies with chocolate frosting. I dont remember what they are called! No strollers allowed in the stores though...bring a extra hand to help carry one of muchkins. Oh...and tai pai rocks! Have a great time!

KatieJ said...

I love Salt Lake- I wish we could go! You are going to have so much fun, I can't wait to hear all about it!

Cher said...

Shauna-

Yes, Tai Pan Trading has gorgeous stuff, my four aunts houses are plastered with decorations from that place. I've never tasted orange rolls from the Provo Bakery but there is a bakery in Lehi that makes them and I would die for them right now. Your boys would probably love the Monte L. Bean Museum (bunch of mounted animals) on campus, Dallin loves that place. They also do little shows and they have real animals (snakes). You could probably do that one of the days at the mansion because it is close. If I think of anything else, I'll let you know. Oh, Chad is so sad he is going to miss you guys when are you coming to Utah. He leaves next Sunday.

Cher said...

Oh ya, so my parents live about 45 minutes from Logan and Willow Park is fun (there are some cool animals (monkeys, peacocks,bobcat, wolves, elk, fish to feed). They have volleyball nets and other fun things. If you are anything like the Ned Lunt family and LOVE ice cream the Aggie creamery is really good.

McDonald Army Brats*** said...

I absolutely love your note to robbers! you crack me up.

Sarah's Nonsense said...

You are the best! Look at you making the most of the blogging world. That is called total preparation. I'm sure your trip will be a resounding success!

sara said...

:) I LOVE your sense of humor! :)
oooo. It sounds like a WAY fun time. And I think the pictures 'this girl' will take of your fam will come out amazing - she has great shots and a fun blog! Have fun!!