Monday, June 11, 2007

My Mormon Weekend

Friday - Church (Ward Talent Show)
Saturday - Church (Primary Activity)
Sunday - Church (Church, imagine that!)

Here are the details:

Friday - Talent Show
Pipe Chimes, then & now:


8 yrs old................................ 20 yrs later

Bishop "strongly encouraged" all the auxiliaries to participate in the Ward Talent Show hosted by the Young Women. So the Primary did "Do Re Mi" on the pipe chimes. Carrie is the one standing up, Jennifer is my microphone holder, and Sally isn't pictured. We're wearing drapes a la "Sound of Music" if you can't tell.

Later that night Justin Lawniczak, one of the Young Men, went out to do his guitar solo and anounced that Owen would be on the drums! We had no idea. It was funny even though he didn't play them at all, just sat there the whole time.


Saturday - Primary Activity
Owen built a Temple out of clay w/one of his Sunbeams teachers, Sis Baldwin.

Carrie found a cool home-made clay that looked kind of sparkly (the salt perhaps?).

I manned the Bingo station. I found this link that let me make custom bingo cards using pictures (we used Prophets and Apostles). But I thought it'd be cool to do for Family Home Evening or something... using whatever pictures you want.

And Sally set up an obstacle course.


Sunday - Church
As I stuck Owen's most recent art on the fridge and looked at all his creations, I noticed they all have something in common - bites taken out of them. (see corners)


Owen got to pick up his Temple that had dried after church. I told him I wanted to take a picture so he said, "Okay take it then!" Feisty! He posed himself and the Temple.

Then last but not least... we celebrated Father's Day a week early since Justin is scheduled to work on the REAL Father's Day. HAPPY FATHER'S DAY Justin! I know two boys that think you're pretty cool!

4 comments:

Sarah's Nonsense said...

I love that picture of your husband with your boys! That's a great one. Busy weekend...I love that Owen was so awed by his good luck being chosen as drummer that he didn't get any drumming in!

McDonald Army Brats*** said...

what a great picture of your hubby and the boys. I get sad when I hear the boys talking about pres not being here. Travis was talking about the father and son camp out and said, you know the one were all the dad's took their kids except our dad? It about broke my heart. I bit my lip as i teared up, and told him that dad wanted to be there, but couldn't and would promise to take him camping when he got home. how sad is that, I can't even promise he will get to take them next year either?!

McDonald Army Brats*** said...

i am so gonna copy your bingo idea for FHE!

sara said...

What a fun weekend! Loved all the pictures and ditto to everyone's comment about the dad and boys pic - it's a great one.