Friday, June 15, 2007

Grill Power


Don't be jealous of my awesome grill w/bird poo on it. I'm just excited cause I finally learned how to use it. For some reason grilling has always been intimidating to me. Then I realize how easy it is and it's fun! Maybe now we can upgrade.

Wednesday I hosted 11-Year Old Scouts at our house cause the leader had to work and we...GRILLED! I decided Scouts is fun and I'm gonna go ahead and call myself to that position.

My other accomplishment for the week is cooking fresh green beans (not on the grill). I always see them at the store, and think they look good but don't know what to do with them. Well, of course those are easy, too. I'm on a roll!

6 comments:

Sarah's Nonsense said...

I admit...I've never grilled. I always leave that to the husband. But I do like fresh green beans. They are so much better than any others!

McDonald Army Brats*** said...

um.......can you come to my house next? i gave away our grill after preston left because it burned colten's arm hair and eyebrows off. scares me to death! i love to eat fresh green beans raw! farmers markets are my fav!

KatieJ said...

I've never tried grilling before- it freaks me out for some reason! Can you teach me when you come down? It's supposed to be the way to go in the heat... Good job!

Becky said...

Wow! glad you posted this shauna! Good to know i am not the only one out there that leaves the grilling to the hubbie. :) I have attempted it a few times and either i put the gas on too high or too low! oh well! Teach me!

Shane Meredith Mason and Kendall said...

Ok your backyard looks so nice and green! It looks cool there..what is the temp? I guess I just noticed, cause its 110 here and hot as H$*.
Sounds like you are becoming quite the man :)

meredith

sara said...

mmmmmm. I love grilled food. You go girl! :) I love learning how to cook food too, and realizing 'that's it??) :) yay!