Monday, June 04, 2007

Owen's Prayers

Yesterday Owen was assigned the opening prayer in Primary. He loves that microphone whenever I'm setting up the room. But when it was time to say the prayer he kept buckling his knees and making funny sounds. So I just went ahead without him. Then he said, "What about brushing my teeth?" so I put that in the prayer, "Please help us to remember to brush our teeth." Then a few seconds later..."What about cookies?" so I added, "Thank you for cookies." I was trying hard not to laugh cause that's how we do it at home, start the prayer then ask him, "what else?" The most common responses are about his kite, cookies, and fishing (which he hasn't done since father & sons but he LOVED it). He's dying for one of those rocket fishing poles they always have the commercials for on Nick Jr.
In Owen's Prayers:
  • Thank you for my kite
  • Thank you Daddy came home from work...with his funny lipsies (after he got hit with a frisbee and his lip was huge)
  • Thank you for my new corn
  • Thank you for my little TV
  • Thank you we could go fishin
  • Thank you we could get Cheetos and go fishin
  • Thank you we could catch Nemo
  • Bless the missionaries

This was on my side-bar but I'm moving it to a post so nobody gets sick of it. And also cause someday I want to get my blog published into a book for journal purposes. This site does just that!

1 comment:

McDonald Army Brats*** said...

oh you rock as usual we are totally on the same page! I was thinking what an awesome family journal if i could figure how to print out our blog. especially for pres to catch up on what we had done the past year. thanks so much! love ya katy