Saturday, March 24, 2007

High As A...


We have driven by this go-kart/bumper boat place a few times (it's almost an hour away) and it looks so cool and inviting from the road that we always want to stop. Today we finally did.



That was on our way HERE to Fort Macon, an old fort used during the Spanish-American War, Civil War, and World War II. It was built in 1800 something. Can't remember exactly. But it was very green and pretty. Justin took Owen here last year when I was in AZ for Derek and Alexa's wedding and I've been wanting to go ever since. There was a story there about a soldier who cooked bad bread that nobody could eat it was so gross. Well I think their term was "inedible." The main medical dude wanted him to be released so they wouldn't have to eat bad bread anymore. So MAYBE if Justin cooks bad bread he'll get "released!"
Anyway, in the background you can see where we headed next...



YAY! Our first beach trip of the year. We flew "The Red Baron" kite that Justin is now in love with. It was seriously fun! And relaxing in a weird way. And kind of addicting. Like I want to go back and fly a kite right now. There's this whole world of kite-flying I didn't even know existed. They have set times where people just come and fly kites together, even at night with lights on them. How fun! Kind of weird. But it'd be cool to see.



I'm so embarrassed I'm even posting this picture. But it makes me laugh.



The End.

3 comments:

KatieJ said...

That looks like so much fun! That is a cool kite. I wish we could just drive to the beach!

Becky said...

That looks like the perfect weekend in my book! i love flying kites and i love the beach...and to top it off a little history mixed in there! so fun! that is my favorite thing about the east coast! all the history! Love the action photo of you with the kite! :)

Rachel said...

Shauna....
I don't know how I found you, but I found you!!! It is Rachel (Winfield) Buchanan. You have such a darling family. You are living in NC? That sounds like quite the adventure! I would love to know how you are doing!
Rachel