Thursday, April 15, 2010

My Perfect Monterey Area Day


Would start off with breakfast at Wagon Wheel.
I would eat eggs benedict, oatmeal pancakes, and an omelet all by myself.
I didn't know I even liked eggs benedict til I tried it last week and seriously thought about it all day. And this is coming from someone who doesn't like runny eggs.
I would probably enjoy Wagon Wheel better with no kids but if mine were there, at least they'd give them horsies to play with.

Then I'd go do a harvest or flower walk at Earthbound Farm.

Then I'd go to Point Lobos.
The tides would be perfectly low, the tide pools full with everything imagineable (and I'd be able to identify everything), and the waves would be hugely crashing against the rocks.

And then I would eat lemon chicken at Tommy's Wok.

Throughout the day I would randomly see all my friends.
And my kids would be in good moods the whole time.

Goodbye to my happy place.

10 comments:

Dasha said...

Aww, I'm missing that place too. Did you ever eat at First Awakenings? Love that place. We ate there a lot. I think I need to go back just for the new exhibits. Those look awesome.

danna said...

First off I just want to say that I was due with Lucien the following day after that Harvest Walk, but that picture seriously looks like I am just huge and not pregnant! Yikes. Now, that really is the perfect Monterey day! I am going to miss those fun days like you wouldn't believe. If I could package up Wagon Wheel and send it to you, I would. You never know, Georgia could be a happy place too!

Jaime said...

Reading that made me a little sad for you. It is a happy place and you will have to come back to visit. I'm sorry that you haven't needed my help for anything. I feel bad that I haven't been able to repay you in any way for taking our pictures. I will find a way though eventually.

Rachel said...

ok, i'm about about to cry. But at least you have no regrets cause you did everything amazing and imaginable there! Can't wait to see you sis :) i love you and all your posts!

danna said...

I DO love the Harvest Walk picture though, so many good memories!

melinda said...

I'll miss the cool pictures you post from there! Looks like such a neat place! And I'm always jealous of the fun things you do and see!!

Um, what I meant to say is, it looks like a horrible, no good place and you are lucky to be leaving.

Is that helpful??;)

Cher said...

:( wherever you live is the "cool" place. now i am going to read about all of the fun things you do in Georgia and wish that i lived there too:) hope you guys travel safe!

Steph said...

I agree with CHer. She said it best...oh, and Rachel Lyn :) You made me want to cry. And made me regret not posting during OUR last fun moments there...and regret not taking advantage of every little opportunity like you did! You should be proud of yourself and happy to take SO many memories away from one place! You are awesome and Monterey will be a duller place without you ;) <3 ya! Hang in there! The South is cool in it's own way! Promise.

Sarah said...

Well, if it makes you feel any better this place is no longer happy with out you in it. Texas is the happy place...then Georgia...and so on, and so on.

sclark said...

Oh my gosh Shauna, I still dream about those pancakes...i keep trying places to find some that taste like the ones from the Wagon Wheel and no such luck....thanks so much for showing us a great time last year in Monterey. Good luck on your moving and find more good places for Errin and I to come and visit and try.