Sunday, April 11, 2010

The not about me night


that really was.

Originally: a good-bye dinner for me.

But then: We found out the military here messed up in giving Justin orders for us all to move to TX. The movers are scheduled to come Thursday and we still don't know if we're moving or not. 90% we're staying here til June. So I emailed everyone saying it was no longer a good-bye dinner. Just a fun night.

And then: Danna emailed everyone behind my back to ignore my email :)

So: I was surprised with a goodbye (just in case) and early birthday dinner at Lalla Grill.

You're looking at a delicious lemon coconut cake and me turning 4 years old.
Wish you could see the framed pictures and fresh flowers decorating the table.

Thank you Shawna


and Danna for organizing!
The favors were circus animal cookies wrapped up all cute that said,
"the birthday girl's favorite,"
and note cards that said, "don't forget to write."
So thoughtful.

Thank you ALL for coming and making me feel special :)
If you could tell your husbands to join the military and get orders to Georgia I'd appreciate it.

9 comments:

KatieJ said...

That sounds like fun! You have more friends there in one town than I have on facebook! (well almost) but I'm not surprised! Hope you get some solid info from the military soon!

danna said...

It was a fun dinner, glad you liked it enough to blog about it!

star said...

What a fun night! This made me totally miss all those ladies!

Sara Hollobaugh said...

Looks and sounds like so much fun!!

Rachel said...

Dang you've got nice friendsies! Seriously, that's amazing. And you look super cute.

Sarah said...

Shauna,

I had a blast that night! I'm sad I didn't see a picture of that guy that said our table of ladies was better then the other table of ladies. (You look pretty in these pictures by the way.)

I wish Jeff was moving me to Georgia..... if I really beg he would probably do it, it would be the move from Georgia to follow you to your next place that he would finally have to put his foot down.

Steph said...

Aw! What sweet, sweet friends! Where was the dinner held? It looks like such a pretty, calm atmosphere...you're totally a social butterfly! They're gonna miss you SO much!

Steph said...

p.s. you DO look gorgeous in these pics! It's good to see a bunch with you in them!

Sherri said...

Loved all the pictures and posts. You've had a wonderful season in Monterey. You'll have another one in Georgia. :-)