Thursday, April 01, 2010

My Melodramatic Monterey Post

The closest I could find to her crying

You know on American Idol when someone gets eliminated then they're forced to watch a video of their journey on the show while trying to keep their composure?

That's what I feel like.

My Monterey journey keeps playing over and over in my head starting with day 1 when we found Lover's Point for the first time.

We found out YESTERDAY that we're leaving Monterey on April 16...2 months earlier than planned. June was already too soon. April stinks.

We didn't think the military would move our entire family to Texas for Justin's 5-6 months of Iraqi dialect training (then we'll move AGAIN to be stationed in GA).

But in fact, they are.

Which is a very good thing to be together as a family, but before I get excited about that I need to mourn leaving Monterey.

I LOVE it here. It is my happy place with happy people.

And also I need to mourn the summer we won't be spending in AZ.

K now I will think about our entertainment options in San Angelo, TX:
Hiking with a llama.
Visiting a water lilly garden.
Going to a museum.

Nope, don't feel better.

But you know we will be doing that llama hike.

12 comments:

ann said...

I just wanted to say that you guys did it right in monterey. You took advantage of everything that beautiful place has to offer, and made memories that will last. I have loved every post, and every picture, so I guess what I'm saying is: I'm going to miss monterey too!
Good Louck with the mourning and the move!

Anonymous said...

I am so glad you all get to stay together as a family! You have made me want to visit Monoterey with all your fun adventures and beautiful pictures! Darn that we don't get to see you this summer in AZ but I am looking forward to your llama hike post. :)

Lisa said...

Shauna, I am sorry to hear that you are leaving Monterey a lot sooner than planned.
I am excited though that I'll be able to see you again! San Angelo definitely isn't Monterey but it isn't as bad as I thought it would be.
If you need me to babysit, let me know. I'd be more than happy to help out..Like when the movers are moving everything in.
I agree with Ann. You seemed to definitely do it right by exploring all the cool places and taking advantage of all that it had to offer. Justin and I didn't...and I regret it.
Hope you're ok! See you soon.

Dasha said...

I'll mourn with you. Have you ever been to San Angelo? Well, it's definitely NOT Monterey, but at least you do get to stay together. It's also not too far from San Antonio. The River Walk is pretty cool there. Don't you just love how the military throws out surprises like that?

Steph said...

Aw. Shauna, I'm sorry! It's been magical for you, I know! And you've made it magical for your family. You were always working on the next fun adventure!

...I think the Llama hike might be enough to get me out of Monterey... :) That cracks me up!

amanda weichers said...

I am sooo sad you are leaving that soon! ;(. Atleast you get to be together. Before you leave we will have to Get together.

Ashley said...

It's never fun having to leave any where. Good luck with the move and your new adventures.

Lindsay Riggs said...

Good luck with the transition. I'm sorry it's a hard one!

Jenny D. said...

If the military is good at anything, it's at throwing you curve balls. At least Augusta will seem more luxurious to you after being in San Angelo! Good luck with everything.

Krissie said...

I'm so sorry you have to leave!!! That's awful! But guess what, I looked up how far San Angelo is from Albuquerque and it's only 8 hours. We might have to do a road trip and meet halfway for a fun weekend!!!

Stephanie Snyder said...

Shauna!! I'm going to miss you so much! When can we do a girls night before you leave? I know you will be so busy, so let me know any day or time that will work for you. Call me if you need help with your place, kids, anything!

Robyn Hollobaugh said...

Sorry:( I know how it is to live in a place...when you'd much rather be somewhere else! You must be needed there for some reason:) I LOVED ALL the family pictures...I kept trying to choose a favorite and I just couldn't. They are ALL my favorite. Makes me want to get pictures taken. Drew reminds me of Griffin with his little scraped nose. Griffin always seems to have a bonk or a bruise. lol