Monday, August 29, 2011

Last Day of Summer


We had an exciting day of errands and more errands planned for our last day of summer.
Anna saved the day w/a last-minute back to school party.
She had stuff to make those cute cupcakes and did some fun games with the kids.

And then Drew hollered from the park bathroom that he couldn't get the toilet paper to unwind.


After the unpleasantness of shopping w/3 kids all afternoon,
I was pretty sure I was done w/summer.

But I'm not.

I have loved (most of the time) it.

We're not moving or about to move,
don't have any napping children (i.e., no schedules to work around),
and we're in an ideal location.


Met Drew's teacher today and love her. He's excited.
Don't know a thing about Owen's teacher. I'm nervous about his class.
And Sally's starting joy school (9 kid group!)

I'm just ready for them to have awesome first days so this pit in my stomach will go away.

1 comment:

Steph said...

I totally get that "pit in your stomach" feeling too. hate it. Our Christmas break is over this week and I'm already dreading the first day back in Monday...if I could, I'd homeschool them all all their lives ;)