Sunday, March 29, 2009

We're In It Together

Isn't this the most romantic picture ever?

Seasick side-by-side while I'm mooning the boat.

This picture pretty much sums up our whale watching trip Saturday...and somehow 2 days later I still can't stop laughing.

Justin was so, so miserable. He got it the worst of us all.
This is what he looked like pretty much the entire 3 hours. Or else he was huddled in a ball in a corner of the boat.

He said it was the worst experience of his whole life...even worse than boot camp.

Then there was us.
Our corner of the boat was Sick Bay.

We did see a few humpback whales...that was awesome.

And the day was so beautiful.

We definitely made some memories but it wasn't the grand finale to spring break I was hoping for.

Sally did much better off spending the day with Sarah L & company playing at a ranch in Carmel Valley. THANK YOU!

And also thank-you to Stephanie

for:
a) taking that picture of us in our misery (and my embarrassment)
b) spending hours up close with my rear, editing it to be PG

P.S.
I obviously like making fun of myself
but if you want to, you need to ask first.
Okay yes you may.

17 comments:

ann said...

that is the saddest, funniest story and one you'll remember forever. thanks for the shot of your bum. Just for the record you look good in yellow.

Jessica Crozier said...

Oh you poor things!! I'm glad you're laughing about it now, because I sure am! And thank you for not posting any "action" shots! :-)

The Smiths said...

oh you poor things. Seasickness is awful.

Steph said...

Awwww...hey, no prob! We love you guys!...Prob too much. :) And is that PG as in "Pacific Grove"? Or PG as in "Politically Gorrectomundo" ? You're a totally good sport!

Steph said...

P.S. Thanks, Ann. I told her that yellow was perfect on her! DEF her color.

KatieJ said...

Now Justin knows what morning sickness feels like- imagine that 24/7 for 3 months! We went on a catamaran once and it was a similar experience, terrible! I remind Sam of that when I'm sick and pregnant and need sympathy. I'm so sorry it wasn't great though!

Sarah said...

Nice... I loved your A**. It looks great and we should see more of it. I had a blast with Sally and I would take her again anytime.

Da Ilaoa's said...

Hey...I guess we can make it through anything when we have our spouse with us huh? Cute pics...the one of Justin reminds me of when he tried sushi...he will probably never have it again even more now!!

Nichole said...

i dont know if i should laugh or cry. i feel for you all and at the same time it is kinda funny. you poor things. hope you al the best.

Robyn Hollobaugh said...

I do feel sorry for you all thinking about it, but it was pretty hilarious seeing the pictures. I've seen that face Justin is making before. He looks EXACTLY like Paul has when he's been sick. How funny! I'm sorry guys.

Lindsay Riggs said...

Hilarious...in a really pathetic kind of a way.

Robyn Hollobaugh said...

Hey look at my blog I've tagged you!

Steph said...

Cute new pics! i GOT ON HERE TO CHECK OUT YOUR aPRIL fOOL'S POST....BUT ALAS THERE is NO POST. (oh blast! I'm not fixin' the caps issue) What! No Asian picture connection? :)

Everton Family said...

Oh, I'm so sorry you were sick...you are so funny i couldn't help but laugh! I love this blog!

Sara Hollobaugh said...

So sorry you guys got so sick. At least you got to see a whale or two. At least Sally did not have to get sick!!

Aric and Sally said...

sick schmick, at least you look stylin' in your super cute yellow jacket!

McDonald Army Brats*** said...

yeah preston and all the boys get seasick, so that cuts out a lot of fun things in AK :)