Thursday, March 05, 2009

A Rainy Poem

Each morning I check the day's forecast with hope.
Is this the day we get out?
But nope.

The house is no longer a house, it's a jail.
The most exciting event is getting the mail.

We do venture out to get Owen to school.
Then pick him up again...no carpool.

On Sunday I started to go a little crazy
While Justin and Owen were busy being lazy.

So Drew and I left, just him and me.
While the others stayed behind, playing some Wii.

We drove to the coast hoping to spot a whale,
But they were down deep, didn't want to unveil.

Lucky for us, though, it was low tide
And piles of hermit crabs just couldn't hide.

In Drew's little fingers they had to reside.

And the anemones were a beautiful sight
But compared to the sea star, they were just all right.
The star was washed ashore, he's no killer.
He's just a chiller. This find was a thriller.

And while doing our best to keep the Sabbath day holy...
You know, walking back to our car slower than slowly.

These puddles appeared and he couldn't resist
And I didn't call cease and desist.

Back to the present, we've still got rain.
It's a pain, it's a drain.

I do my hair in vain.

But I can't complain cause you've got it worse.
Living in snow, that's the worst sort of curse.

13 comments:

Dasha said...

that is fantastic!

KatieJ said...

Wow- you're a poet and you even know it! I love it. Right up there with "Please Pass the Pepper"

Aric and Sally said...

Is your maiden name Seuss? That was so clever and fun to read. I'm impressed.

Jessica said...

You are right living in snow is the worst sort of curse. I hate the snow. I would love some rain! Hope you guys are well.

Lindsay Riggs said...

I see you are still in the poem writing zone since Grandpa's birthday. Nicely done.

Jessica Crozier said...

Very cute! You're a poet and I didn't even know it!

Sara Hollobaugh said...

Great poem. I have never even tried but i am sure it would not be good!!

Anonymous said...

Not bad, not bad

Krissie said...

Awesome poem. Still can't believe how big the kids are getting!

Cher said...

You are so cute! I think that you get your rhyming talents from Grandpa Lunt:) We really want to hang out with you guys sometime, Chad keeps talking about it too, we just CAN'T GET AWAY!!!

Steph said...

You're funny. I found a poem I wrote while in China...doesn't compare to your poem writing skills. Great poem. You and Chelsea should get together. And Drew is cuter than cute! You're a good mom!

Steph said...

uuuuh, Luke just told me the pic I posted of our "daughter" Porter was "like Drew". And yes, Now I see that it is very nearly the same pic.....sorry! Except your Drew totally looks like a boy :)

Nic said...

You're making it hard for me to like you with all your beach expeditions. Beyond Envious. And now you're flaunting your poetry skills? Yet another reason to not like you...Good thing you're so nice & un-hateable. That's not a real word. That purple sand beach is the bomb!