Friday, March 13, 2009

He's 3


Notice my amazing wrapping in the background.

That's what happens when you run out of paper late at night.

I had MANY things I'd redo over for this birthday (starting with making sure I'm stocked on paper).

But also, I wouldn't have had a major lapse of picture taking and missed:

His lunch of choice at McDonald's.

And how he fell asleep in the cart at Costco.

Playing with fishing poles indoor with Owen.

To name a few.


We celebrated tonight with a little fishing/beach get-together at Coastguard Pier.


Thank you to friends who: came on short notice (with gifts even), put up with the cold, brought their own dinner/ate before/ate after even though I planned this right during dinner time and didn't provide any (major faux pas that will not ever happen again), and were patient waiting for Justin to get back with bait.


Nothing was caught, but it was a fun thought.

Drew's #1 cake choice was the St. Patrick's Day cake with a rainbow & a leprechaun on top. I would've let him get it if I thought he'd like the flavor. This was choice #2.

Another mistake...stopping on the way there to pick up a lighter but leaving the candles at home.

So he got to pretend.

But I've never seen his eyes light up so much as they did when we were all singing to him.



I wish I could show how grateful he was, thanking me randomly throughout the day.

And now he's asleep with his new toothbrush.


Happy birthday Drew!

13 comments:

Krissie said...

Tell Happy Birthday to Drew from the Dunns. I remember when he was just born and so small. I can't believe how big he is now. You got some pretty cute kids!

Krissie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
ann said...

Back to back birthdays, no wonder you forgot a few things!
I love kids that appreciate anything, sounds like that's how your are.
P.S. I love the pictures above sally's bed, where did you get them???

Jessica Crozier said...

Happy Birthday Owen!! Just curious...is it a family tradition to take pictures as soon as they wake up? I'm seeing a trend! Love the party at hte beach...lucky kiddo! Aren't little boys so much fun!

brentanderrin said...

he is getting so big!!! i love him!! happy birthday drew!!!

Rachel said...

all these little beach parties make me wanna live on he beach! i can't believe the little squeek is 3! i wish i could see how happy he was when you guys sang!

Joanna & Ben said...

Happy Birthday Big man!!

Sara Hollobaugh said...

AHHH Happy Birthday Drew! Looks like a fun day. No one knew or remembered what went wrong I am sure. The cake sure looks YUMMY. I am hungry.

Aric and Sally said...

Do you remember his 1st birthday - the hungry caterpillar? Time flies (unless you're pregnant . . . or your husband is deployed). Happy Birthday Drew!

Shauna said...

Ann - Lindsey designed the pictures above Sally's bed with her talented little self. I love em.

Jessica - Apparently it is a tradition to take pictures first thing. We walk in singing happy birthday with balloons and it's so fun to watch them disoriented then get all excited :)

Da Ilaoa's said...

Of all the things you were worried about with his birthday...he won't even remember...I would be happy just to wake up to balloons all over my room :) But to get an awesome cake and play at the beach too...Happy Birthday Drew!

Robyn Hollobaugh said...

Drew sounds like such a sweet boy.

Steph said...

You should not have done a million things differently! It was PERFECT! We all had a blast, it was just the right activity for the time of day and type of day. Dinner would have gotten sandy anywayz. And like you said. Drew had such a blast and KNEW it was his special day. and THAT is what matters most! Happy birthday, Drew!