Thursday, July 26, 2007

The Last Person To Do This

Seven Random Things

That you might not know about me…

  1. I handle the money in the house.
  2. I’m 28 and I still get zits. And I have gray hairs. Those 2 things shouldn’t be present at the same time.
  3. My favorite movie isn’t “Breakfast at Tiffany’s” anymore. It’s “The Sound of Music.” I LOVE it.
  4. Whenever I’m in the soup aisle I can never find the Cream of Chicken soup. I can find Cream of Mushroom, Cream of Chicken & Mushroom, 99% Fat Free Cream of Chicken but not just plain old full fat Cream of Chicken soup. I think they move it every time just to make me crazy.
  5. I want to be a really good cook. I have to have a recipe to cook anything. I want to be one of those people that can add a little bit of this and a little bit of that and it turns out awesome. I liked what my cousin Jessica said when someone asked if she was a good cook: “I can follow a recipe but sometimes there are bad recipes. That’s not my fault.” That’s me. Except sometimes it IS my fault.
  6. I would rather pay a babysitter than trade babysitting with someone (i.e., not a big fan of babysitting). Maybe it has something to do with being the oldest of 8 kids.
  7. I like black licorice.

11 comments:

The Rogers said...

that's funny about the soup! i don't love babysitting either and I am only the oldest of two. i also still get zits, and wish i were a better cook. Glad to know i'm not the only one!

Sarah's Nonsense said...

Black Licorice...ugh! Hate it. (I always like reading those 7 random things about the girls I know!)

Malissa said...

Those are fun facts about you! I too have gray hair..and huge circle of it in an inconspicuous spot...luckily. I'm thankful for hair dye and my hair stylist!!

brentanderrin said...

great job on getting everything on the blog!!! i am working on it, but it is going to take a few days... and i love that picture with owen and drew and the donut...

Shane Meredith Mason and Kendall said...

I SOOOO agree with #6, and I never had to babysit! And no worries, I still have zits and I have gray hairs too...good thing I work at a salon!

sara said...

I love these posts - good thing I tagged you so we can hear more about Shauna. :) It really is fun, promise.
I'm with ya on #5. I think the day will come though! Eventually. How witty is you cousin? Love that response!
And I love black licorice too. mmmm.

R Family said...

That's so funny about the cream of chicken soup thing, I thought I was the only one that could never find it. I hate standing there knowing that it's right in front of my face and not being able to see it.

McDonald Army Brats*** said...

I want to be a good cook too! I have a funny saying I found that says "I read recipes the same way I read science fiction: I get to the end and think, Well that's not gonna happen." Oh and one more thing I got zits all the sudden when I turned 30. Went to the doc and he said it was normal, but gave me a chemical peel anyways!Gotta love the army and their benefits!

Becky said...

Love your random-ness! :) Black licorce rocks! Black jelly beans are my favorite!

Shane Meredith Mason and Kendall said...

hey, I cant find your email. Anyways, I need ya again..IM SLOW, I cant figure out how to put the picture where I want it..i only know how to do it at the top..you told me, but i lost my "instructions!" HELP me, also, Shane hates the picture at the top..so I need ya to change it for me. DOnt try to explain that one, I wont be able to figure it out.

k email me ;) meredith91@yahoo.com

YOU ARE THE BEST :)

KatieJ said...

I am like you with the cooking- it never turns out good when I try to change the recipe! And sometimes it doesn't turn out good when I DO follow the recipe!