Thursday, July 19, 2007

Vacation Finale

Finally you're saying huh?

After we checked out of the mansion we went to Bridal Veil Falls. So pretty. Justin & Rachel hiked to the mid-level and Justin made it up one more level but not to the very top.
Can you see them?

The rest of us watched.



And then Dad treated us to shaved ice. We began and ended our trip with that stuff :)

Then we drove up to Sundance and rode the ski lift. I keep saying everything was so pretty but this place was my favorite as far as prettinness goes.

Brent and Errin were ahead of us.

Mom, Dad, and Rachel behind us.

And us! We were both scared Owen & Drew were gonna fall down so we couldn't totally relax but it was still cool. My dad took this video of Drew saying hi on the lift. I tried to count how many times he said it but I got bored. It was nonstop!


After we finished at Sundance we were off to the airport. So sad! Ashley & Jared met us there to pick up their car. Then we got to wait forever cause the SLC airport is a lot smaller than Phoenix so we got through lines fast. We had a red-eye with 2 layovers. And it was rough! Owen & Drew slept most of the time but once Owen woke up cause he was uncomfortable and was screaming for like 20 minutes. This was around 2AM. We got into Jacksonville at 9AM and made it to church at 1 cause Elder Bednar was going to be there! He was vacationing with his family at Topsail Beach and so lucky us got to hear from him. He spoke most of Sacrament Meeting and it was so cool. We couldn't last all of church though - I conducted Primary Opening Exercises then we went home to rest. I think Owen & Drew slept 13 hours that night and I got 12. Ahhhhhh.

7 comments:

The Rogers said...

so fun! I love all the pictures. I hate when vacations end...awsome to get to hear from Elder Bednar, I bet it was really cool. And glad you got some good sleep. It doesn't get much better than that.

Shane Meredith Mason and Kendall said...

thanks for the fun update! You are good! I loved all the pictures. YOu guys were BUSY..but looks like so much fun! OK, did ALL thoes people stay at that house? there is about 100 of you.
Welcome home :)

sara said...

The ultimate FUNNEST vacation!! WOW. Love the detailed review!!!

stephanie said...

fun trip!

Cher said...

Hey Shauna,

It was fun to see all that you did on your vacation. I wanted to come back after I put my kids to bed but so that I could hang out more but no one was at my apartment to watch the kids. Hopefully you can move to Monerey so we can hang out sometime! Take care

KatieJ said...

Whew, I made it! What an awesome vacation! I hope you are getting settled back into real life. Just seeing the picture of you guys on the ski lift gave me butterflies- I would be a wreck with kids on one of those. It looks so pretty, I want to go to Utah!

Sarah's Nonsense said...

Wow, those are some beautiful pictures. Love the ski lift clip, too! Ya'll must have had so much fun...