Thursday, July 19, 2007

Vacation Part 2: Logan/Cache Valley

Troy brainwashed Owen into calling him "T-Bone." I told him that was the dog's name on Clifford but it didn't phase him. Our first night there Justin's parents took us out to Firehouse Pizzeria. That is my new favorite pizza... this kind called Ratatouille with onions, peppers, and FETA cheese. So good. Oh ya and the pizzookie!

That night was.... more fireworks!

And more fireworks! Logan does theirs July 3rd for some reason. So we went to a hill over looking the college stadium to watch. Or not watch, if you're Owen. Really everyone liked them.

Then the REAL Independence day, we did... yep more fireworks! At home once again. This is the last of them I promise.
I just like this picture for Mema's face in the background.

July 5th we took a day trip... First we stopped at a little river to climb around for a minute. It was FREEZING. I believe this is where Justin cut his big toe which has since become nastily infected.

Then on to Bear Lake. My camera decided to stop recognizing my memory card so I used Justin's Dad's (hence the date on the pictures).


Justin's mom made friends with the people next to us (realizing their daughter lived near to them). And lucky for us they had a boat! A little speed boat, but a boat nontheless. And they offered to take Justin skiing (double skis, but skiing nontheless). He has never been in his life and he got up his very first try for like 10 minutes! I did it too, and I haven't been since I've been married. It made me so happy. And sore. No pics of how silly we looked on the skis, sorry.

Before we left we made sure we got a world-famous fresh raspberry shake from a stand there.

That night we went to the Willow Park Zoo.

One of my not-so-great ideas was to do a few stops from the Cache Valley Food Tour. One stop was Cox Honeyland where they advertised we could watch honey being made. In my mind I envisioned a big plant where we could walk through how it's made from start to finish. And this is what we got:
Inside a mom & pop shop full of little trinkets. That lasted a whole 2 minutes. So we didn't do any more food tour stops after that. The morning before we went there I told the girl who was cutting my hair my plans and she was dying laughing at me at how excited I was. Now I know why!

Saturday night we went to the big Cache Valley Cruise-In, which is a parade of fixed-up antique cars. It was pretty cool. And I think the whole city was there. They had leather couches reserving spots like a day in advance!

They have really clean streets there in Logan.

Monday, July 9 was our last night in Logan. We celebrated Justin's mom's birthday a day early with dinner at Olive Garden and later on... Home-made pizzookie! The candles wouldn't stand up in it so Justin had to hold them.

Other Logan/Cache Valley events not pictured:
- Lots of games of SORRY! (where Troy and Justin always ganged up on me which meant Owen won)
- Swimming at the Logan Aquatics Center. That is the best city pool ever!
- Swimming at the pool for the housing community
- Shopping (DownEast had so much cool furniture I wanted to steal)
- Church (when they sang "hello" to Owen in Primary he stood at the podium. They have a permanent primary pianist - wow what a thought!)
- Cafe Rio w/Justin's mom and Owen after the cruise-in.

And I'm sure lots more I'm not remembering. But ya this is long enough for now. Do you like how I mention like everything we eat?

1 comment:

KatieJ said...

Welcome back! Food is always the hilight of my vacations too- you're making me hungry. I have been trying to stay off my computer for the last 3 days so I'm catching up on your trip...