Sunday, August 24, 2008

Mummies and the Boardwalk


The Egyptian Museum in San Jose

We got to see a real mummy, a 4 1/2 year old girl's coffin (she was inside but we only saw the coffin), and a recreated tomb (including tunnels) to walk through.

Owen and Drew were pretty scared.

It didn't help when Justin said, "Look she's your age!" to Owen about the little girl's coffin. He was trying to get him excited, but seeing a dead girl his age wasn't top on his list.

He's more into things like taking other people's money out of fountains.

Bad luck.

Double bad luck.

They chose to sit still for a picture
over going back in the museum.

It felt good to be warm for a day!


Then we went to Santa Cruz to meet Chad & Cherisse at...

The Boardwalk


Justin made Drew do all the work,
while hogging his stroller at the same time.


Kiddie Rides!


Then good night.

8 comments:

Jessica said...

Looks like fun. Hope all is well.

ann said...

I love that you guys are taking advantage of all the cool stuff there. Your kids will remember these kind of days, for sure.

Sara Hollobaugh said...

You guys seem like you are having so much fun over there. I don't blame the boys, Seeing a mummy would not be first on my list either. I am glad you finally go to be in a pucture too!!

Jessica Crozier said...

That post had me laughing the whole way through! I can see poor Owen's face after Justin's comment! The beach looks like fun, though (except for Drew's job!)!

Sarah's Nonsense said...

That museum sounds fantastic! I'll have to add it to my list of things to do/visit someday!

Aric and Sally said...

You'll have to go back on Halloween. Love the "bad luck" photos!

Sarah said...

I never saw that boat ride at the board walk before!
love it! looks so fun!

Krissie said...

That looks like a lot of fun! I love Santa Cruz, I had so much fun when David and I went before he deployed. I'm so glad you guys are having tons of fun!