Friday, August 03, 2007

Lately

I got totally burned out of pictures after vacation. The new camera didn't even help. The thought of more pictures was giving me gag reflexes. But I think I'm over it now.

A few things we've done since being home from Utah:

If you haven't tried blueberry jam, you should.
My job was squshing (not squishing) the blueberries by hand. Kelli did the rest.

We met Justin's brother Paul, his wife Robyn & son Tristan in Wilmington at Chuck E. Cheese.

They presented Justin with this picture a few of his family members went in on as a pre-deployment/thank-you gift. So thoughtful. It's called "Sweet Hour of Prayer."

Our ward had a Pioneer Activity. I'm pretty sure pioneers bobbed for apples and had slip'n slides, right?

Justin & I went to the Temple to help with the YM/YW baptism trip. After passing like 15 Temples in Utah, we never made it inside one. We like to wait until it's 2 hours away from home to go.

I finished "New Moon" and went into mourning that it was over. I had the new Harry Potter sitting on my nightstand but didn't want to start another book relationship so soon. I'm now in the middle of it, though.

Speaking of Harry Potter, the Dunn's babysat Justin's last weekend so we could finally see the new movie. Loved it.


A few things I'm grateful for:

- Justin went through his closet with me BEFORE he left. I love throwing stuff away.

- Justin cleaned out his vehicle also before he left. Last time I tackled that a month later and found some nastiness.

- Owens prayers. I pray for Justin in our blessings on the food now. After I had finished a food prayer on Wednesday morning, Owen said, "Wait. I want to tell something else in the prayer." And he prayed for Justin himself.


Just in case you're wondering...

Justin is in Kuwait now. He leave for Fallujah tomorrow. That's where he'll be the rest of the time. I've talked to him once a day and he's doing okay, just bored out his mind waiting for their plane.

Thanks for all your nice notes & thoughts!

8 comments:

Becky said...

That is so one of the things on my list to learn: make jam. :) you suck! i bet it was so yummy! And did you put all the blueberries in a big bathtub and walk on them to squish them like Lucy did on I love Lucy? :) Love the picture that Justin's siblings got him...so neat. Tears flowed. :P I havent started twilight yet..it is next on my list! :)

Rachel said...

i miss owen and drew, really bad!and i wanna hear owen say a prayer

The Rogers said...

Shauna, did you hear about Robby?

Shane Meredith Mason and Kendall said...

What about Robby...fill me in!
Looks like you are busy. And Im with you on New Moon..I CANT WAIT till Tues when the new one comes out!yeah!!!! its soooo good!

KatieJ said...

You've been busy! Blueberry jam sounds good- and I love that picture from Justin's family. We're praying for you and Justin too~

Aric and Sally said...

Your blog is so cool. You're going to have to show me all the tricks of the trade. Oh, and it made me cry - very sweet.

brentanderrin said...

i love blue berries... and i have always wanted to try real blueberry jam... someday... something to look forward too i guess.. love you guys

Gemstelecom said...

cable internet providers toronto Choosing the right internet service provider can be a daunting task. But by considering your needs and doing some research, you can find the perfect provider for your home or business. We hope our list of the best cable providers in Toronto has helped make your decision a little easier.