Saturday, January 01, 2011

Plunged

Happy New Year!
My New Year's resolution is to do as many stupid things as possible.
So it only made sense to jump in the ocean at midnight.

Before starting my new year of stupidity,
I had a very not stupid New Year's Eve.

My family is visiting from AZ.
We visited Point Loma lighthouse and the nearby tide pools.
(lighthouse in the background)

That new face (far right) is Jason's main squeeze, Candace.

I have so missed tide-pooling since leaving Monterey.
Cole found a sea slug or 2.

Drew was reunited with his hermit crab friends.


We found a Derek in this tide pool!
He earned $5 for jumping in.




Those shells on Owen's shoes are suctioned to them.

Point Loma Lighthouse

View from the lighthouse.

Then we ate at Point Loma Seafoods.
Loved the fish and chips.
And that's coming from seafood's least greatest fan.

New Year's Eve festivities:
We had our own spin on the king's cake tradition.
Cole found the first walnut hidden in the cake, so he became King for the night.
He chose Drew as his Queen.
(notice that light? my dad hung 2 over our dining table and we can now see what we're eating. it's lovely)

Derek found the second hidden walnut.
And unfortunately for him, he became Cole's servant for the night.
It was everyone's worst nightmare, being Cole's servant.

I kicked Brent's bootie in Boggle.
And everyone's for that matter.

Lots of food.

Just Dance 2.

And then the plunge.
It was like 39 degrees outside...the water was probably about the same.
And just because you wanted to see this picture again:

5 of my 7 siblings plus 1 sibling-in-law.

Justin had duty so he missed all the partying.
Did I ever mention he was gone for 3 weeks in December?
He did an Arabic refresher course in Utah.
It was not fun having him gone.
Especially with all the holiday festivities.
But at least he was home for Christmas.
And he's home now.

And I got off track.

Happy 2011!

8 comments:

Krissie said...

Looks like you guys had a TON of fun! Sorry Justin was gone for 3 weeks of December, that's never fun!

Joanna & Ben said...

you always know how to have fun. Glad you got to be with your family.

Jaime said...

So Fun! I LOVE playing boggle. I think I'm pretty good but Jacen beats me most of the time.

Rachel said...

I've looked at this post at least five times and haven't commented yet. So I will now say that i love all these pictures! Namely the 1st, 7th, 9th, 12th and 13th. Have fun figuring that out :)

Sherri said...

You take such great pictures! I so appreciate your posts, and that they often include the rest of your family that I love!

Cher said...

"stupid" looks totally fun to me:) I am glad you enjoyed your Holidays!!

Jenny said...

I think that your resolution is the best one I've ever heard.

I love that Kate has the same ruffle purple sweater as Sally.

Ashley said...

I love the pictures. I love how you always update too. I have been slacking on mine. However you inspire me to be better for 2011.