Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Luxury Accommodations

We just got back from a weekend getaway staying in....my old bedroom!

K this is where we stay pretty much every time we visit AZ, but it makes me happy.

Growing up, we had creative freedom with two main things: our hair and our rooms.

So I, with the help of my friends, painted ALL over my walls: a rainbow, a cupid-themed headboard, butterflies, a huge tree, a coat rack, and even a short-lived (freaky) alien.

Lots has been painted over since I left, but when some of my flowers got painted over, Mom got sad.

I love that she enlisted the help of my friend Debbie, who lives down the street, to paint some new flowers.

The 2 in the middle are Debbie's new creations. The others are originals. I painted the basic shape of the outer ones and then Debbie made them look good. 

Sad I didn't get to see Debbie (or any friends for that matter) in person this time around, but between a wedding, a funeral, and lots of family time it was a good weekend.

No comments: