Sunday, April 03, 2011

A Stitches Story

Owen got 3 stitches in his fingertip.

My poppies are prettier than the stitches.

The stitches are there because of a bike crash.
Drew's handlebar jammed into his finger.

Owen dreaded the thought of stitches.
So we said a prayer that he wouldn't need them
(but it was pretty obvious that he would).
So I added that if he DID need them,
that he wouldn't feel any pain while getting them,
and that the doctor would do her best.

That prayer was answered.

There was pain during the numbing but that was it.

If we hadn't prayed, he still might not have felt pain.
And the doctor still might have done her best.
But then I wouldn't have felt the Spirit comforting me throughout it all.

We had a similar experience a few months ago during
Owen's dentist visit to remove a cracked tooth.
It turned into oral surgery when the tooth had to be removed
(more like yanked out) in tiny pieces.
The dentist was sweating,
I was tense (he was laying on me so I heard every little sound),
but Owen held so still, and didn't make a peep (not normal for him).
Prayers were answered then, too.

Praying works and I'm grateful for it.

6 comments:

Joanna & Ben said...

Those poppies are pretty, and, praying is good. We pray a lot even for the little things and I agree that it helps a lot.

Evaly said...

Gorgeous flowers and beautiful testimony. Thanks for sharing :)

Rachel said...

I like hearing spiritual things from you because I love you and you're my big sister :)

Julie said...

well said, beautiful pictures

Sherri said...

I can't imagine my life without prayer! Thank you for sharing. :-)

Robyn Hollobaugh said...

Beautiful story! Thanks for sharing:)