Sunday, April 24, 2011

It Happens Every Time

Every time I eat a mango I think of Grandma Lunt.

I don't buy them thinking...oh these remind me of Grandma!
But without fail, every time I take a bite
I remember tasting one for the first time in her kitchen when I was like 10.

So it made me happy when I was randomly eating a mango this morning,
just after talking to Owen about Jesus' resurrection,
and how families can be together forever because of His sacrifice.

And then suddenly I was tearing up over my little mango.

I like how things happen.
I'm grateful to randomly be reminded of my grandma on Easter.
And so grateful that my family is forever.

5 comments:

Ashley said...

I really like this post. :)

Rachel said...

I am happy that you are my sister forever :)

And i like mangos.

Phil and Stacie said...

Love it!! I have so many things like that that remind me of Grandma. I love being randomly reminded of her often! Happy Easter =)

Sherri said...

I had a mango this week, too!! My first time to taste one was at Mom's/Grandma's. I'm so glad you have fun memories. The doctrine of forever families keeps me moving and striving! :-)

Steph said...

That's sweet.
The picture is perfect for that story.