Monday, June 16, 2008

Homeless

We're here!

But not really... still homeless.

There is not even a chance we might get the new military housing. It's so full and nobody has even put in a 30-day notice that they're leaving. We looked at the old military housing today and I started crying when I saw the kitchen. Seriously.

We found one house near where Justin will be going to school that we're hoping works out. But it won't even be available until July 4. So we might be living in this hotel until then. Ah!

But Monterey is cool. So much to do, see, eat, shop. I don't know where to start.

So I'm not complaining!

But if I were you I wouldn't check my blog for at least a week... I won't have our comp to download pictures until who knows when?!

8 comments:

Sara Hollobaugh said...

Oh, man. I am sure wahtever house you get you will make it a home!! Just strip the floors and scrub scrub scrub and I am sure you will be happier:) At least you are in a pretty place.

ann said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Katie said...

Well at least at the hotel you don't have to change the sheets :) But that certainly doesn't make up for not having your own home - you never know how things will work out - we'll pray for the best for you!

Anonymous said...

Ok i just saw your comment on my blog and i too have so many questions for you. I'll have to get your email info. anyway you must take the family to the monterey bay aquarium if you haven't already. and I'm trying to remember the name of this seafood place we love there, it's off the beaten path but so good.

Jessica said...

Well I am glad you made it safe!

Robyn Hollobaugh said...

Awww, I know that is killing you w/the computer thing. I love how up to date you keep your blog and I love looking at it. Good Luck. Everything will work out, it always does. Hey if you're in a hotel, at least they clean it for free and you don't have to worry about taking out the trash yourself. We can't wait to come visit you guys once you're settled in.

KatieJ said...

Sorry you don't have a computer and really sorry about the houseing situation! I hope you are enjoying everything else there though- I so wish I was in California right now!

Becky said...

Sister - i am SO not feeling sorry for you! LIVING in california - close the the WARM beach and NICE weather! L-U-C-K-Y DUCK! :) cant wait to hear about all the fun adventures of monterey!