Tuesday, February 19, 2008

The Details


The day after Justin gets home and he's already back at work! Just for a couple hours... they have to do some classes about STD's, drinking responsively, etc. for all those party guys.

Anyway, yesterday morning was soooo long waiting for Justin. We were told to be on base at 8:30 and the guys would be there anywhere between then and noon. Lucky for me Justin had his cell phone and called to say they were stuck on the airplane cause of all the lightning. He called when they were on their way and so we only had to wait 15 minutes on base. It was a way rainy day so they had tents set up with pizza and donuts. Drew loved the pizza, Owen was acting nervous and didn't want to eat. The 1st 2 busses got there at 11:30 and we watched guys come off with no Justin. We didn't realize a 3rd bus had pulled up until we turned around and Justin came out of nowhere. It caught me totally by surprise and I just started crying. Then Justin hugged Owen and he started crying too. It wasn't cause he didn't want Justin to hug him. Not sure if it was cause of me (don't think he saw me crying though) or what. But 6 1/2 months is a long time for a kid to be away from their dad and he was emotional about it. Drew didn't really know what was going on (he knows Daddy but also thinks every guy in cammies is Dad). They were both pretty quiet while we were there waiting for Justin to get his bags... just taking everything in. It was weird (in a good way) for me to be walking and not holding a kid! Justin was walking holding both of their hands :)

Justin loves his Taco Bell so we stopped there on the way home. At home we relaxed and went through his stuff. He brought Owen a carved wooden elephant, Drew a camel, and me a cool oil lamp made from pewter. We went to Target to so Owen could finally get the Transformers movie Justin had promised him. He's been saying, "Thank you that Daddy can come home and bring me Transformers with no ugly words" in his prayers for a month now. We have one of those Clearplay DVD players that edits movies but it was being disfunctional so they're sending us a new one and Owen has to wait 2 weeks till he gets to watch his movie.

If I had a nickel for every time Drew said, "Daddy" yesterday I would be a millionaire. He followed him ALL day and it was lovely. He just woke up from his nap and keeps asking for him, too. Justin said he's a totally different kid talking so much and copying everything Owen does. Owen didn't change as much to him. Owen loves Justin being here but he's still not totally himself. He asks me things to ask Justin instead of asking him directly. Still a little reserved. He didn't like it that Justin had to go into work today.

And I am still getting used to not doing everything myself... it's so nice. No taking out the trash, getting Drew out of his carseat, less diapers, and now that Justin found his license way less driving. Yay!

On a side note, I'm due two weeks from tomorrow. My mom flies in late that day so I'm requesting this baby to be born March 6th please.

15 comments:

Cher said...

I was checking your blog like every hour to see if Justin got back yet and then I checked it this morning and he's been back a whole day! I'm excited for you! It's so nice to have a husband around;) It will make the last two weeks of pregnancy fly by;)

tamir said...

We are so glad Justin is home. We are sure the boys are all over him (or he is all over them) and you are making the best of every moment!

Lindsay Riggs said...

I'm still amazed that you have held your life together without having a husband around! I hope you guys get some relaxing time together before the baby comes!

Krissie said...

I'm so glad once again Justin made it home safely! Have lots of fun and spend lots of family time together!

Jessica said...

Welcome home Justin. Shauna keep off your feet as much as possible. Call me if you need anything!

Shane Meredith Mason and Kendall said...

Wow 6 1/ months, you are sooo good. I dont know that I could do that. I guess I could, I mean, i wouldnt have a choice, but man that would be HARD. Im glad he is home! And it sounds like your boys are doing well, like I said before, i think mine would be hard. They dont do well with my husband leaving for a few days.
have a fun 2 weeks and then YEAH a baby girl!!

Katie said...

awww, thanks for the details. That was fun to read. I'm so excited and happy for you guys! Good luck with the next 2 weeks and welcoming that baby girl! Can't wait to see her!

Nic said...

Thanks for sharing all the cute details! You guys are so lucky to have eachother :) I can not even begin to imagine how I'd survive for that long without my husband! You are amazing & i'm sure Justin knows it! What a happy reunion!

Anonymous said...

Hi Shauna! I have been reading your blog for a long time, just haven't quite figured out how to comment regularly. So - HI! You don't even look like you could possibly be due in 2 weeks. You go girl! Thanks for finding me. Do you have any contact with Ann??
Good luck in the next few weeks! Congrats on your hubby coming home! Yeah!
Natalie R

R Family said...

I'm so glad that you have your hubbie home safe and sound...just in time for your new little princess. Tell him "thanks" from the Randall Family for going over there. Good luck with the baby, 3has been quite an adventure for us so far, but so great.

Everton Family said...

How exciting to have Justin home!!! March 6th sounds like a good birthday for Sally. It's still Sally right?

Aric and Sally said...

So glad he's back and helping out! . . . and that he found his license!

Anonymous said...

i am so happy for you guys

KatieJ said...

I'm so happy that Justin is home! I can't believe they already have him going into work though, no fair! But I bet it is still such a nice change to have him come home in the evenings!! Yeah!!! I hope you guys are all getting settled!

bkbills said...

I'm so dang happy for you! Both of you! Hope you both are doing well!