These were taken the night before my mom left to go back home.
We were lucky and got a whole week with her.
It was so nice.
She was a:
- Scout helper (took Drew to his first den meeting for Tiger Scouts (a demanding den meeting at that) and did a belt loop with him)
- Tutor (homework with Owen takes extra patience)
- House cleaner/organizer
- Chef (left us with a freezer full of meals in addition to regular meals)
- Driver (kids to school, me to everywhere I needed to be)
- Middle of the night baby calmer
- Sewer (helped make diapers cute for burp rags)
- Life coach
We were spoiled and it was hard to see her go.
Thank you so much Mom.
PS Three faves from my phone:
First meeting August at the hospital.
(after a 6 hour drive here turned to 9 after being stuck behind an accident).
One quiet afternoon (Owen & Drew @ school; Sally @ a friend's) I fed August then took a nap.
I woke up to a house that was still quiet, a peaceful sleeping baby, and home-made salsa (the best).
I may have shed a tear.
Sally & my mom were room buddies.
A couple nights they stayed up a little later than the other kids.
My mom got her ear talked off, layers of make-up applied, and some fancy hair accessories.