Sunday, May 11, 2008

Travel Plans

KNITTING

A Hollobaugh family friend, Jen Truscott, taught me how to knit right after Justin & I were married and I totally loved it. For my first knitting project I did a blanket that was supposed to be big enough for a queen bed. It was a mess. Holes everywhere. And sized all weird. It might've fit 2/3 of a queen bed. So I took a knitting class at The Fiber Factory in downtown Mesa and loved that, too. Then I made baby blankets for my nephews Briant and Bob. Brent got a sexy scarf for his mission in Mexico but it wasn't that cool cause he gave it away. Then I just stopped knitting, who knows why. But I took it back up again a couple weeks ago to keep me busy for the 50+ hours we'll be on the road.

READING

John Steinbeck is from the Monterey area and this book takes place there. The book was a gift from my mom for Justin, but I'll probably be the one reading it and I'll tell him about it.

And I'll get to knit and read while traveling with 3 kids thanks to our secret weapon, Justin's brother Troy:

Tomorrow the movers come to pack up the house.

Tuesday they load everything up.

Then we get to clean and clean some more.

Then we'll leave whenever everything is all clean.

We're going through Greensboro first to say good-bye to Paul & Robyn. Then to Kirtland, OH to see church sites. On to Nauvoo, IL for the same thing. From there we'll follow the Mormon Pioneer Trail across the country down through Salt Lake. We'll go to AZ for a couple weeks to see family. THEN in 3ish weeks we'll be in Monterey.

9 comments:

bkbills said...

Try to call us when you get here! I would love to get together now that Justin is back. We can do a couples thing-go to dinner or whatever-with no kids. Good luck on that long road trip!

Ashley said...

So will you guys be stopping in Salt Lake?

Phil and Stacie said...

Sounds like a vacation instead of a move! Hope everything goes smoothly for you as you enjoy the cross-country trip =)

Jessica Crozier said...

Just wanted to wish you safe travels. And, oh yeah...love the print of the skirt/dress you're wearing in the knitting picture!

Krissie said...

Looks like you guys are all ready for the road trip. Be safe on the road trip and we're sad we won't get to see you guys!

Sara Hollobaugh said...

Sounds like a long but fun trip. It would be nice to see the church sites. Can't wait to see you guys!

Rachel said...

someday you can teach me how to knit ok? i can't wait to see when you come down here! and your boys and SALLY!

Malissa said...

That should quite the eventful move!! How fun to be able to stop at all the fun places and turn it into a vacay!! Good for you guys!! I wanna learn to knit!!

Steph said...

My Mom does the same thing for Luke. He's got to have a whole bookcase full of books he has never read I've tried helping him make a dent in them....we're slow. And did you knit anything on the way up? And finish it?