Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Owen is 7


Medieval Times
Instead of a party, we celebrated Owen's birthday with just our family at Medieval Times.
  • An hour pre-show of saying, "no" to souvenirs
  • Eating with our hands
  • Owen refusing his chicken cause the waiter said it was dragon
  • Gigantic chicken portions (especially funny on Sally's plate)
  • Our blue knight that liked to strike facial poses
  • Boys cheering hard for our knight
Another Pre-Birthday Celebration
Sunday home-made donuts with Brent, Errin & Jones
(since they're @ Disneyland today...his actual birthday)


The Big Day
They showed up @ 7AM before school...so nice.
(it was crazy hair day @ Owen's school)

Owen's birthday menu was my favorite.

Breakfast: scrambled eggs and sausage
Lunch: no sandwich
Dinner: pancakes and cereal

The cake from a French bakery that Brent & Errin brought topped my breakfast.

After school, we had Let's Play Music together.
(just started him in it this year and it's awesome)

From me, Owen requested a Pokemon cake.
I'm not sure if this is what he had in mind but he was happy.


I like him.

8 comments:

Rachel said...

I like him too. Especially his crazy hair. And his cute face with the cake. And his donut cake.

Joanna & Ben said...

how cute, he's getting so big. Happy Birthday!! i love the big front teeth. We're still waiting for Jake's to come in..so strange. It looks like you guys had an awesome time!

Jaime said...

How can he look so much older since I saw him just a few months ago?! I guess cause he's seven now. I love the donut cake. The only time I tried making homemade donuts I was like 13 and burnt up our entire kitchen. Now I'm afraid to try again. Maybe I should since I won't let my kids eat store donuts (except Pavel's).

I've heard of that restaurant. I've never eaten there though.

Happy Birthday Owen!

Aric and Sally said...

Well Happy Birthday Mr. Owen. We love your crazy hair, and we especially love your homemade donuts. Might just have to stop at dunkin donuts on the way home tonight . . .

Ashley said...

Happy Birthday Owen.Time sure does fly. I can't believe he is 7 already. He is such a cute boy. You always come up with some good Ideas for birthdays.

Steph said...

I want a donut cake. Maybe I'll request one from Luke as my "thank you for giving birth to our third child" gift :)

I esp love Owen's cake that you made! I'm stealing that idea next time my kids ask for a character cake....which reminds me. Should I still post about Porter's b-day back in August? oops.

danna said...

He is HUGE!

Bethany said...

I can't believe how much he's grown. He looks so much like Justin, it's scary.