Sunday, January 04, 2009

My Two Favorite Things

Dogs and Star Wars.

And by favorite I mean least favorite.

Besides riding dogs,
this is how we spent New Year's Day...
our last day in Arizona:


Drew doesn't like Grandpa's train cause it's too loud.

So Grandma let him use some headphones.
Which he just wore for fun.
Along with his pajama shirt and jeans.

Owen does like the train and is good at driving it.



Followed by some Chinese take-out to celebrate Rachel's Sweet 16
(she was too sick for it on her actual birthday)
and a game of Settlers.

That night...Nate & Bethany's for a barbecue
and some Mexican Train Dominoes
(I like that game and want to play again...now)


Brett, Linus, Sara & Payten left before the picture taking.

10 comments:

Stephanie Snyder said...

What a FUN Christmas (too bad Sally was sick)

I LOVE your New Year's Eve tradition!! I'll have to talk my family in to lighting our things on fire too!

Jessica said...

You are the censoring queen. Looks like fun.

ann said...

That is one sturdy dog.

And one inventive train.

Did your dad miss his calling in life or is he an amazing inventor?

Just curious.

Aric and Sally said...

Thank you for the censoring job - my innocent eyes counld not have handled the uncensored version!
Love the train - that will be a great memory for you boys . . . or at least for Owen.

Sarah said...

Okay I love your Dad! 1st the turkey cooker and then a rigged train! I would love to meet him i'm a big fan!

Steph said...

Hilarious! I want one of those trains.

Anonymous said...

Im extremely glad you blacked out the doggies wiener. I don't think there is anything I dislike seing more than animal privates.

Unknown said...

I totally laughed out loud at the blacked out dog whoha. I can't handle that site midday. It's too much for me! LOL!

I so can see Brandon building a train like that for our grandkids.

We are settlers addicts! It's funny that I looked at your blog today. I'm going to be updating later today and one of the pics I'm posting is from our last game. Too funny.

Nic said...

I agree, your dad is the coolest. Is that patio the same patio you stood under the night of your rainy reception?? I was so sad for you standing there so beautifully in the rain! Not that you looked sad, sad that your reception was rained on...you know what i'm trying to say!

Nic said...

OH yeah, and just because I'm a huge chinese take-out fan...Where was it from? Kwans perhaps? Panda Express? Why am I hungry for chinese food at 8 AM?