Sunday, January 17, 2010

The Temple


The grounds at the Oakland Temple seemed extra pretty yesterday.

Those California Poppies in the background are my new favorite flower.

They play cute together.

And then there's Drew.

Here he's probably thinking about jumping in that water.


And he did.


And she looks all grown up.


For now (having our kids at the ages they are) I decided I like having the Temple 2 hours away. It means we bring Owen, Drew, and Sally with us (don't want to pay a babysitter for that long and feel too guilty taking anyone up on their offers to do it for free) and alternate going inside.

But since we bring them they actually see us going in the Temple (verses us telling them that's where we're going)...and in Justin's case they got to see him come out. They get to feel a difference there and see how pretty it is. They see and hear the Christus in the Vistor's Center. And we always climb up to the outside viewing area to see the San Francisco Bay. That temple has the best location!

And even if they still act crazy I know some of all that good stuff is seeping in.

7 comments:

Jaime said...

I think it's so good to take children to the temple. And I hope too that something good seeps in to my kids too. (: I love the pictures.

Shannon said...

Question: what camera do you use?

your kids are adorable, as usual. The Oakland Temple is def. up there in my favorites category. The grounds are amazing and you captured it perfectly.

Torgersons said...

Holy cow, when did Sally turn into a little girl? Your children are adorable, as always. That temple is beautiful.

Steph said...

The good stuff IS seeping in...they will remember :)
And I LOVE Drew in that first pic. His expression says it all!
And Sally! Miss Sally is so grown-up! I miss her!

Josh and Nat said...

beautiful pictures. darling kids. sally is so freakin cute.

Cher said...

so cute:) you are so good at taking pictures and it makes them even better that your kids are adorable.

Katie said...

I'm getting an Audrey Hepburn vibe from Sally's outfit and will definitely be trying to replicate it for Galina :) What a great idea for you and Justin - but make sure you take advantage of a babysitter and go together every once in awhile! I did get a D-SLR!! I got a Nikon D90 at a really great price...too bad I don't really know how to use it very well...