Monday, January 30, 2017

Fall Break

10.10

The pumpkin weigh-off in Half Moon Bay had been on my bucket list for a few years.
Finally got to cross that one off.



Owen and Drew had zero desire to go on this adventure, but Owen's best friend Cal did.

There was a lot of down time in between pumpkin weighings.
Down time = bottle flipping time.
Please bless I never have to see another bottle flip in my life.

The pumpkins were massive, but I was expecting even bigger.
Cool to see once but probably won't be repeating this one.

Cal is a softy for August.
And fun fact: Cal's middle name is August.

We stopped by Arata's Pumpkin Farm on our way home to do their hay maze.
It was legit.
I worked through it with Auggie for awhile till he just got frustrated.
Cal gave up too and climbed over the top to get to the minotaur in the middle
who was handing out golden pumpkins.
Cheater cheater pumpkin eaters.
I am still frustrated that I never finished the maze.
So we WILL be repeating this.

August was really hoping for one of these $20+ balloon creations.

10.11
Took the boys fishing at a new spot in Watsonville.
They had high hopes, but didn't get even a nibble.

Since we were close to Gizdich, we had to stop for fresh apple slushes and pie.


10.14
The rest of the school break was spent with the kids doing sidewalk sales.
A super generous guy in an Audi R8 gave them a $100 bill the first day.
I heard a lot about both the car and the money.

No comments: