Thursday, November 12, 2015

So Much

10/28
Have I mentioned we got my parents for a whole week?
My mom came last summer, but Dad hadn't been here for 2 years.

It was a busy week in-between Owen's birthday, school, and Halloween.
They helped so, so much.

Above was when Dad borrowed my bike for an Ace Hardware trip.

My mom worked with Sally all week on sewing that bear and making the cardboard desk.
10/31

Sally loves crafts and I truly do not.
I am extra grateful for my mom's patience in that area.

Drew and Dad's project of the week was a safe, similar to the one Owen inherited from me.
10/31

11/1
I love the finished product and the shade of blue that Drew chose.

Not pictured:
- Walks with Mom
- Dad fixed: a cupboard, our fence (Drew threw a baseball too hard), the boys' dresser (Drew used the drawers as ladder steps), and our pencil sharpener.
- Lunch at Old Fisherman's Grotto (best clam chowder, not the best fish & chips).
- A beach trip to find sea glass while Justin and I went on a date.
- Watching "The Cokeville Miracle" after church before they left.
- Grilled fish and vegetable Sunday dinner with the Barrs (that my parents prepared).
- Dad disliked our toaster oven so much, he bought us a thrift store toaster. The slots are so small that either the bread has to be squished in there or the bread has to be cooked one half at a time. So funny.
- Morning errands with Auggie, who is extra funny in the car.

1 comment:

The Watkins said...

I love grandparents. They really are the best.