Sunday, July 06, 2014

A's and Blue Jays

(Sarah pic)


(Sarah pic)






(Sarah pic)






I think I've mentioned before that Drew is (randomly) obsessed with the Toronto Blue Jays.

So for his 8th birthday (back in March) he decided he'd rather go to a Blue Jays game than have a party.

Totally fine by me.

The Blue Jays finally came this way to play the Oakland A's on July 3.

And being the holiday weekend, we got fireworks as part of the deal. 

The traffic was horrible (but my friend Sarah's husband, Jeff, drove so I'm not complaining).

The game was great (A's won! Sorry Drew). It was made more fun by friends that came along.

I loved watching Drew watch the game as much as watching the game itself. He was a good sport about his team's loss.

The fireworks show was awesome. Felt that USA pride. We were so happy to see some real fireworks, seeing as Monterey doesn't do any.

In n Out and Krispy Kreme at 11:30 on the way home (neither are available here) were another bonus.

After baseball, fireworks, hamburgers, and donuts we were feeling pretty American.

And pretty stuffed.

1 comment:

The Watkins said...

That is so very American. I love Drew's hands up in the air. I feel like I was there. I love your pictures.