Monday, February 24, 2014

We Made It





2/15

24 hours after leaving home we made it to Arizona.

That's a long time for a 10 1/2 hour drive.

1. I actually kind of liked our bargain hotel. It used to be fancy but is now out-dated. But we got a renovated room and it was big.

2. I did not like that they sent us across the street to their sister hotel for the free breakfast. Said breakfast was served in a nightclub and the food was laid out on the bar. Hahahaha.

3. I made the kids pose in da club.

4. Target pitstop. Every single Target visit consists of August bolting for the "bah." (one of his few words and has at least 5 meanings)

5. This is what we looked like upon arrival. August's face most resembles how I was feeling. We stayed w/Jacob & Rachel the first couple nights since my parents' house was booked. Rachel ran out to greet us with fresh squeezed orange juice for me and a can of whip cream to squirt in the kids' mouths. A lovely welcome!

2 comments:

The Watkins said...

I LOVE August's face in the car seat upon arrival in AZ. Picture is worth a thousand words.

Rachel said...

I'm glad you made it!! You should come back now. Was the drive here or home worse?