Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Memorial Day Visitors

 5/25

Brett & Yamina (Justin's brother and his wife) were in town for their first anniversary.
After Justin rescued them from their little breakdown 1 1/2 hours away,
 we had fun meeting up with them for dinners and the beach.

While we were at dinner with them Saturday night,
I heard from Denise that they were on their way (which I was expecting)
but with Colee, Tyler, and Caden, too.
I offered, but was nervous about having space for everyone to be comfortable.
But it totally worked out, and it was fun!
5/26 early in the morning
Denise, Drew, Allie, Kenna, and Mackenzie slept on the floor.
(Drew was in heaven with all that attention and probably got an earful of girl talk)
Darla was on the couch.
And Colee's family got Sally's room.

The group (minus Tyler) before church.
5/26
Sally whispered to me, "Why do they look the same?" about Denise and Darla.
(my aunts who are obviously twins)

They taught us a new game: King of Tokyo.
5/26
Owen was way into it and is dying for us to get it.
 
Before they left for home, we had lunch at Harney Sushi in Oceanside.
5/27
Denise is the sushi lover.
Darla, not so much.
The raw fish and seaweed didn't settle well.
She had to run across the street to get some Dairy Queen.
Hehe.

They were the last visitors we'll have in this house.
We only have 2 more weeks here...sad.
Packing time.

2 comments:

Rachel said...

I'm impressed it all worked out and they fit in your house!! And jealous that I wasn't there.. :(

Rachel said...

I'm impressed it all worked out and they fit in your house!! And jealous that I wasn't there.. :(