Monday, March 21, 2011

Reunion Week

Day 1
  • Sally's Bday
  • Emily & Ryan's Wedding (above - Grandma's doing better!)
  • Mom & Dad birthday shopping with their March birthday grandchildren
  • Played at park
  • Home for cupcakes (our grubby selves skipped the reception)

Day 2
  • Drew's Bday
  • Family dinner and games
Day 3
  • Tide-pooling




that would be sea slug ink


Grandma's hats
  • grilling & jacuzzi-ing

Day 4
  • Dad, Grandpa, & Drew built me a flower box (poppies!)

  • Mormon Battalion Museum
  • Point Loma Seafood
  • Said bye to Dad
  • Cole's 3rd visit to a Nordstrom Rack

Day 5
  • Shopping with Rachel & Errin
  • A St. Patrick's Day (eve) fishing pond
Nevermind the Christmas blanket...it's green!
Mom found a random assortment of fun green prizes.

Day 6
  • St. Patrick's Day @ Sea World
glasses and jewelery from the fishing pond



Gwen wasn't a fan


there's a random kid in this picture

Shamu!



Thanks Sea World for our free annual visit!
(for military families)

Day 7
  • Said bye to Mom, Rachel & Cole
  • Jared finally got his cinnamon rolls (I've owed him for 1 1/2 years)
  • Hair done (thank you Karen)
  • Tide-pooling (Karen's family missed the first trip)

that's one huge, dead crab

scary

I gave Sally my bad hugging gene


enjoying Derek's glasses and headphones

that's hot



  • Cessy's Taco Shop

Day 8
  • VG's Donuts/Pipes Cafe
  • Beach


tourists

the happy couple


  • Pizza Port
  • said bye to the Burrs

And then yesterday Jason & Candace left.
Our house is so quiet now, it's weird!

It was obviously a good week.

You might not believe it, but there are lots of details I left out...like my newly recovered piano bench and yard maintenance thanks to my parents.

I like living in a place that people want to come visit.

7 comments:

Joanna & Ben said...

That looks like an awesome week! Glad you got to hang out and visit with your family.

Karen Burr said...

I don't know which is more scary...my white legs or Jared's smile!!!

Steph said...

Um. Like I've said. Luckiest girl EVER to have a family like you do! And HAPPY BIRTHDAY to your sweet kiddos! ...even the little cutie that inherited the bad hugging-gene. Wait! Was that blonde...was that you and me?

er...maybe we were older when our little "incident" (for lack of a better term) transpired. Yeah...it's all coming back to me. I don't think ours was a beach hug. I remember flying objects. Planes?
Yes. Airport.
Awkward.
Must. Teach. Shauna. How.To.Hug.
:)
p.s. You look A-mazing! Spesh in those shades and headphones. Your bro should let you keep 'em. You pretty much look like a supermodel in that shot.

Ashley said...

Lucky you. I envy your family relations. You guys seem very close. Glad you guys had fun but it would be more of a surprise if it wasnt. LOL

Evaly said...

Wow- that's a lot of fun for one week! I agree you are super photogenic! I was cracking up about the bad-hugging gene. I guess I won't ever try to hug you :)

Sherri said...

It's like I was there! Loved the pics.

KatieJ said...

Have I ever told you how jealous I am of where you live? And your green dress? It's so cute!