Friday, December 10, 2010

Stop the Presses


If you were considering making the slow-cooker oatmeal I referred to a couple posts ago...

Don't cook it in soy milk overnight (just tried that and it was not desirable).

I consulted with Jamba themselves and found out they:
- cook the oatmeal in water.
- cook it in a "rice cooker thingy" for like 30-45 minutes.
- don't cook it overnight.
- add soy milk before serving.

Cooking overnight still works....the oats just lose some of their texture.
The version I posted below is good.
Just different than Jamba's.

2 comments:

danna said...

I seriously need to try this oatmeal, you are obsessed.

Jenny D. said...

I'm so glad I checked your blog again because I was totally going to try the soy milk-slow cooker method tonight. Now I will switch my plan to the rice cooker method. My daughter eats oatmeal for a snack, so I'm always looking for good variations. Thanks for the tips!

Try the Pumpkin Pie Oatmeal at goodlifeeats.com. It's yummy!