Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Never Again

Owen looks how I felt after driving home 12 hours in one day (+ 4 hours of stops).
I thought since I did fine doing it in 2 days last time, I could be superwoman and handle it in 1.

WRONG. It was just too long. Too much throw up (Sally). And ya, too long.

Justin had to come back the day the reunion started for his class.

I figured the reunion was worth staying for and driving alone.
It was. But I just need to forget that drive.

The stops were the good part...
Bethany (my sis-in-law) had just made part of the same drive
so she gave us some tips.

The kids loved the Smokey the Bear Museum in Capitan, NM.
Smokey's Grave

And a cute park.



I also loved eating at The Snazzy Pig BBQ in Roswell.

But ya, I learned my lesson.

6 comments:

Ann said...

wow, you are super woman! Sorry to here about the agony of driving alone with little kids, I feel for you. Pat yourself on the back then put it out of your mind for good.

Lindsay Riggs said...

Wow, you are brave! That was so good of you to make the trip! Thanks for the fun pictures!

Jaime said...

Yikes. That sounds hard. I will hardly drive a few hours.

bkbills said...

Ugg! I'm sorry, but still very impressed. Every time I look at your blog I can't get over how beautiful little Sally is. She is just PERFECT! I didn't reply yet you your email, but YES! Call is when you are here next month. When will you be down?

Malissa Cordova said...

How fun that you did the smokey the bear thing...my mom's new husband is from Capitan and they took my Kinzee there over the fourth! Too funny. That is a long drive!! Your pictures are so beautiful!

Steph said...

Your kids are TROOPERS! So are you, you crazy mamasita! Sounds very un-fun. But you are a good mama and really made the most of your pit stops!