Wednesday, February 03, 2010

Monterey vs. Augusta

Sally decorated me with her Trader Joe's stickers today.

I just realized the nearest TJ's will be 2 hours away from me in Georgia.

That makes me sad.

I've gotten addicted to having one up the street ever since Stephanie O walked me through it last year and showed me all her favorite things.

My #1 favorite is their French Village Cream Line yogurt.

It's even more my favorite since Danna introduced me to this Pinkberry knock-off recipe. She figured out to use plain yogurt + their alcohol-free vanilla to get the best taste.

In other, "Augusta has a lot to live up to" news...

We'll be 2 hours away from the beach. We've been spoiled to be near one the last 6 years. We'll miss it BAD.
We went there today to get the sickies out of the house and not infect anyone.

Drew has a cough/stuffy nose (and a dirty face)

and Sally has a runny nose (and crazy hair).

K but really I'm excited to explore the south. Might take some adjusting. But it won't be hard to adjust to having living space again. And a backyard! And a full size dining table IN the house! Plus I have a few more months to enjoy it here before I get all sappy.

PS Thank you to whatever trees these are blossoming with pink flowers and being all pretty.
Pink flowers + Darth Vader is an interesting combo.


9 comments:

Steph said...

I second you on the Yogurt! That was one of the things I was panicking about not having. But now, I realize where they got their oh-so-yummy idea....European yogurts!!!Mmmmmm.

But I miss Traders...you will too, but at least you could maybe make one trip a month ?

You'll LOVE the south! And we can come visit you when we see my mom's side!

LOVE Sally's crazy hair pic!

Dasha said...

6 Years!!????!! Wow, I'm so jealous that you got that long there. We were there twice and added up it equals almost 4. We want to go back soooooo bad. Trader Joe's isn't quite as far away but with traffic it sure feels like it. I have to say I absolutely love the picture of Sally and her little dance pose. That is too cute. So what's the big day for the move anyway?

amanda weichers said...

On the brighter side, Augusta does have a bigger mall than Monterey.

Nic said...

I am mourning for you. you know I'm always day-dreaming that I live in Monterey with you. Happy that you will most likely keep your hubby around in Augusta, definitely worth it!

That pink blossoming tree is killer. And darth vader pulls the whole look together nicely.

Jaime said...

We lived an hour and a half from Trader Joes and I still drove there to shop. Crazy huh. We will miss you.

Katie said...

Oooh, you could eat at the The Lady and Sons! I'm jealous! What is Trader Joe's? I've never heard of it and a few ppl here have mentioned their longing for it too...Isn't that a japanese cherry blossom tree? Looks like it - awesome photo op!

Aric said...

Is that one of those pink blossom light sabers? They are the coolest.
How does Augusta vs. Jacksonville go?

Stephanie Snyder said...

It is a Cherry Blossom Tree.

your kids are so cute

and I love
your mad photography skills
and....your hair
and....your laugh
and...your love of TJ's

and I will miss you....
and our soccer mom days

I know you're not leaving yet....just wanted to share the love ;)

Robyn Hollobaugh said...

Its crazy to see them all in shorts when its SOOO freezing here. We have been getting TONS of snow this year. I loved it at first, but am READY for Spring now! Oh and I miss Trader Joes too! Luv that place. The closest to us is Chapel Hill & I think thats about 2 hrs. Anyways excited u will be closer to us for a bit.