Tuesday, January 05, 2010

Pit Stops

12/19

We just got home from 2ish weeks of traveling.

And I'm so thankful for our pit stops!

We spent the first weekend w/Brent & Errin in Oceanside...only 6 hours away!

Errin had a special treat for the kids...dino bytes (see above): sprinkle covered marshmallows from Mexico. I don't think one was finished all the way but ummm they were fun!

We did some shopping at the Carlsbad outlets.

And went to this home that had 80,000 lights alone.

Santa visits houses with lots of lights.


12/19

Jones is cute.



We traveled 1/2 hour from their house to try Pinkberry (frozen yogurt).

And I would do it again. I can't stop thinking about how good that stuff is!
12/19

From there we went to Payson to be with Justin's family.

We were traveling on a Sunday so we didn't stop to eat...until my parents house. My dad's famous breakfast burritos and citrus punch were waiting for us.

And the kids got their presents from my parents early.
12/20

Then we just had one more hour to Payson!

No pit stops on the way home, though...we were done packing and unpacking so we drove through the night.

It's good to be home.

But we really miss our family!

A lot.

Can I please smush Monterey (ocean/scenery/friends), Oceanside (weather/shopping/eating), and Arizona (family/warmth/and the occasional snow) altogether?

4 comments:

Ashley said...

wow what a trip. How long is the drive from your place to Payson? We have a long trip coming up too. So not looking forward to the drive to utah, 18hrs. But the time spent with family is always fun.

Ashley said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Steph said...

ooooooooooo...I wonder what sorta comment warrented a deletion!?! hmmm....will mine?

So my comment was just going to be the following:
"SRSLY!"

Krissie said...

Sounds like you had a good trip. I was thinking about you the other day because my brother is in Monterey o his honeymoon. I was thinking, if I was their, I could see Justin and Shauna and the boys and meet Sally! How much longer do you have in Monterey?