Friday, October 23, 2009

Camp Owen

Invites by Sarah L.
She made those cute letters with a branch from her backyard.

Banner by Owen.
100% by him might I add.
I'm glad I fought the urge to do it myself
and let him go at it in his Tom Sawyer painting get-up.

At the party Owen blew out the candles on 6 cupcakes decorated by him and his friends.

A campfire cupcake by Stephanie S.
Green frosting = grass
Jelly beans = fire ring
(couldn't find the rock candy that was suggested online)
Crushed Oreos = dirt
Pretzel Sticks = Wood
Candle = Fire

The boys had their own interpretations.
River, Owen, Landon, Cal, Gavin, and Drew.

Owen's turned out something like this:

It's not camping without roasted marshmallows.

My new favorite idea (also found online)
is to put together pre-packaged s'mores kits.
Saved so much chaos!

Presents
I want to write, "A blur of excitement" but I won't.

The party-goers.

Owen wanted to go camping again for his birthday
so that turned into the theme of his party.

We had the party at a campsite at Veteran's Memorial Park.
Only 10 minutes away.
After the guests left, Justin stayed to camp with Owen & Drew.

14 comments:

KatieJ said...

That is awesome- I love every single bit of it! Very cute idea and it looks so fun!

Joanna & Ben said...

what a cute party idea, a perfect boy party, you guys are so fun

Jaime said...

Gavin had so much fun. You got some great pictures.

Rachel said...

what the cutest party i have ever seen! i hope i can have cute parties with my kids like you do someday!

Nic said...

oh my cute! don't be surprised when i copy this exactly in 5 years from now....stinkin' cute.

Torgersons said...

That is such a fun party idea! What a super fun mom you are.

Shannon said...

love, love, love, it all. especially the cupcakes.

Shane Meredith Mason and Kendall said...

what a cute idea! And the best present..was to you..you got a night alone with just Sally!

Steph said...

awwww, what an awesome party-thrower and mommy! Question: how far in advance to you start planning your paries? 'cause by the time I even think about throwing one, I usually have only a few weeks...and at that point it would just look like a half-hearted white-trash effort :)

Cutest themed party I've seen in a long time!!!

Sherri said...

Ditto to all the other comments. :-)

Ashley said...

How fun. that is so cute. Great idea.

Sara Hollobaugh said...

Looks like a BLAST!! Great idea. I cannot believe how grown up he is. I remember when you were pregnant with him and we were all in San Diego, seems like yesterday!

Stephanie Snyder said...

The party was so much fun! Landon is so happy that he was invited to CAMP OWEN!!

brentanderrin said...

he is growing up way too fast!!! i miss him!!! such a fun party!!! wish we could have been there!