Friday, June 05, 2009

You're Looking at a Future Kindergartener

Enjoying his last day of kindergarten (for this school year) ice cream cone.

Not to be sad, though cause next year he's doing it again!

Only we won't be so lucky to get Mrs. Henderson
who retired today after 39 years of teaching.
She is awesome and I'm glad I sent Owen
so young if only because he got her.

Morning reading time with Aidan.
(we stayed the first 15 minutes of every day to read together)

With Eli at the school picnic 5/29

Outside his classroom.

The playground where we stayed to play on any nice day.
(see the ocean back there? it still makes me happy every time I see it)

This is where we'll be all summer...in our alley riding bikes.
They're obsessed.

7 comments:

Nichole said...

sniff sniff, bubba graduated prek today too. wow they grow so fast. how is cali.

Joanna & Ben said...

Awsome, is he repeating Kindergarten or just because he was so young? I love that you can see the ocean, must be nice. My boys are obsessed with bike riding too. They spend hours just riding their bikes in our driveway, thank goodness it's paved and big. I like owen's bike...and I have to mention...it looks kind of star warsish. But maybe that had nothing to do with it's procurement. Miss you guys.

Steph said...

Congrats! Man, this post makes me miss Monterey. Love the pic of them standing against the school!

Shauna said...

He's repeating cause he's young (he was the youngest in the whole class) but mainly cause he's in the lowest group (they're grouped according to their academic level in class) and I don't want him to be behind his whole life. So one more year of kindergarten can't hurt! Plus we'll be moving during next school year and I figure it'd be easier to move in the middle of kindergarten instead of 1st grade.

Sara Hollobaugh said...

It is good to repeat, especially for boys. That way when they graduate they have little time to get in trouble before their missions:). Nice to have the ocean view in so many spotsm jealous!

Aric and Sally said...

Congratulations Owen. Sally is looking so much like him (but in a really cute girlie kind of way), and I love Drew's shoes!

Da Ilaoa's said...

Owen looks so grown up and handsome! I think you are smart to have him repeat being so young. Id thank my mom for letting me have to years of kindergarten.