Friday, April 24, 2009

Garden Fairies

Yesterday when I was busy feeling sorry for myself about how Stephanie just left, my house was a mess, dinner was taking forever, and I was too tired to go visiting teaching that night...

Drew shouted that our friend, along with her mom and daughter (who prefer to be nameless) were here.

They came unloading all sorts of plants, flowers, and soil to finally fill the grow boxes in our front yard that I've been meaning to fill myself for hmmm...9 months now.





Literally in 40 minutes start to finish they were done...cherry tomatoes, snap peas, and petunias everywhere.

They were so happy and energetic the entire time. It was contagious...and I was ready to do my visiting teaching with a smile.

Happy early birthday to me!

9 comments:

Sarah said...

Thats super great that they did that for you. I just did some planting in the yard today. New flowers and new grass! I'm so happy about the grass it's not even funny.

ann said...

what a nice thing to do for someone.
Hope you have a very happy birthday!!!

Ashley said...

Flowers and plants alway brighten things up. I still have plans to plant some. Tyler wants to plant Pumpkins. I guess we will see. Happy Birthday, Hope it is a good one.

KatieJ said...

Wow what a great gift! That was really sweet!

Steph said...

SRSLY! She i frickin AWESOME at DOING. I'm all about the talk...she's all abut the walk. I hope I can grow up to be like her someday :) What a mood-booster too! See? that's something I wouldn't be able to get over how nice and thoughtful it was! My love language really must be "acts of service". So HAPPY BIRTHDAY my little latin nugget!!!!! I'm so glad you have awesome friends to help make it a special day for you!!!! Wish I could have been there to wake you up with a bullhorn outside your window. HA. Anywho. Miss ya ... and I SRSLY need to blog!
p.s. do you have 2 or 5 pics posted on this post? looks like there should be 5 but only 2 show up.

Robyn Hollobaugh said...

How sweet and thoughtful is that!!

Stephanie Snyder said...

Aww, Shauna B and her mom are awesome! You were only 9 months behind, it took me 6 years to put plants out on my deck! Have fun with your veggies and petunias:)

Oh, I didn't know you've been going to the beach! Give me a call next time, I'd love to go.

Sara Hollobaugh said...

What wonderful friends! And a great early birthday gift:)

McDonald Army Brats*** said...

wow what an awesome bunch of ladies :) Can u send those garden fairies to my house? I have planted twice now and kill EVERYTHING!!! :(