Sunday, October 05, 2008

King Benjamin Style

There was the cutest idea in The Friend about watching conference from tents like the people of King Benjamin (here's the simple version of that story).

We couldn't get conference to work on the TV so we watched off the Internet in our room and the bed was our pretend tent. Next time we'll have real ones.

So many good talks but I especially loved L. Tom Perry's in the Sat AM session. Who else wants to go to Walden Pond, live the simple life, and read some Thoreau?

We took
so-we-don't-go-stir-crazy
breaks
in-between sessions

Saturday break:
Visiting the lollipop tree and doing other carnival games at the
Butterfly Bazaar
(a carnival following the annual butterfly parade
welcoming the migrating monarchs...we missed the parade)


Sunday break:

Photo Nature Hunt

We only had Owen & Drew watch this morning's session.
I was the one needing the stir crazy breaks.


10 comments:

Ashley said...

You know how to make church fun. I bet the kids really loved it.

Aric and Sally said...

We used your tent idea. Nothing like watching conference from your princess tent . . . or playing in the tent while conference just happens to be on.

Lindsay Riggs said...

I like the tent idea!

ann said...

Fun! Wish I would have read the friend.

Robyn Hollobaugh said...

You're such a fun Mommy Shauna! I think the tent idea sounds pretty fun to! I loved Conference & there were so many good talks. I'll have to think about my favorite & post it on my blog. We watched it on the internet too and my house is a mess!! I tried to get things done in between, but the breaks went by so fast. Thats usually when I get most of the cleaning, laundry, etc. done!

Emily Webb said...

Okay so funny thing...your brother derek is here while my sisterin law is cutting his hair! So good to see ya and your cute fam!

sara said...

Maybe I should start reading the friend when it comes every month instead of setting it aside....
Awesome idea!!!!!
And there is ALWAYS something FUN going on there!!! luhcky!
You know who else had a really great talk!? -Elder Wirthlin...Sat. afternoon...I missed it and just went back to watch it. He's so cute.

bkbills said...

Good idea for Conference, but I think it might INCREASE the noise level rather than subdue it. We sure miss you. When are you coming for a visit?

Da Ilaoa's said...

We've done that for Christmas, but not for Conference. Cute idea!

McDonald Army Brats*** said...

u r such an awesome mom! How fun that sounded. We ordered the BYU channel so we could watch it at home, and still missed all of Saturday sessions! Thank goodness it comes out in the ensign! :)